The Student Room Group

flatmates doing drugs

They’re selling/using crystal meth and coke inside our flat it’s about 2/3 of them. Plus they bring other people who deal inside. I’m not involved at all but i live with them so if they get caught will i get in trouble. One of the dudes was telling someone that if they got caught our uni kicks u out straight away bc they have a zero tolerance policy. I’m too lazy to move somewhere else bc my flat is in the perfect place and I’d hate to be a snitch but what do i do. Idk much about drugs but are those ones that I listed really serious.
I really do think you should report this ASAP to your uni or the police. It really is important since it could affect your future as you may get into trouble for not reporting illegal behaviour and it could affect your health in your future. To stay on the safe side you might want to say to keep the report anonymous.
Original post by NFigueira
I really do think you should report this ASAP to your uni or the police. It really is important since it could affect your future as you may get into trouble for not reporting illegal behaviour and it could affect your health in your future. To stay on the safe side you might want to say to keep the report anonymous.

There is no legal obligation to report a crime, nothing can happen to the OP because they haven't done anything.
if you don't want to report it just move out. A little inconvenience in going to lectures is worth it over getting kicked out
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
Wtf are you on about? There is no legal obligation to report a crime, nothing can happen to the OP because they haven't done anything.

There is a moral obligation and it would certainly be bad for him if the others were found out as the police would probably assume he was in on it or had some part to do with it.

Go and tell the police straight away and do some justice
Original post by AperfectBalance
There is a moral obligation and it would certainly be bad for him if the others were found out as the police would probably assume he was in on it or had some part to do with it.

Go and tell the police straight away and do some justice

No, it wouldn't be bad for OP because there'd be no evidence they were involved. People like you are the type of people who shouldn;t go to Uni, scared over everything and have very little exposure to the real world. If everyone reported every drug dealer they saw there'd basically be no 16-23 year olds left outside of prison.
Contact crime stoppers to report anonymously
No, it wouldn't be bad for OP because there'd be no evidence they were involved. People like you are the type of people who shouldn;t go to Uni, scared over everything and have very little exposure to the real world. If everyone reported every drug dealer they saw there'd basically be no 16-23 year olds left outside of prison.

This is perhaps the stupidest post on TSR - well done, you win :smile:

Very funny, firstly if they were found out to be having big drug parties and selling drugs they would probably want to question and thoroughly look at everyone going there (so would the uni) especially the people who live in the flat .

Secondly the whole "trying new things" at uni stuff should be at worst drinking a bit too much and maybe doing some slightly crazy and fun things not become a degenerate drug addict. You also have a very sad and wrong outlook on 16-23 year olds, most are not drug dealers.
Original post by AperfectBalance
Very funny, firstly if they were found out to be having big drug parties and selling drugs they would probably want to question and thoroughly look at everyone going there (so would the uni) especially the people who live in the flat .

Secondly the whole "trying new things" at uni stuff should be at worst drinking a bit too much and maybe doing some slightly crazy and fun things not become a degenerate drug addict. You also have a very sad and wrong outlook on 16-23 year olds, most are not drug dealers.

Totally Agree!!!!!

Is Wales really that bad?
Original post by YaliaV
Is Wales really that bad?

I doubt it. I think people just have a really bad view on teenagers and then end up stereotyping the whole age group. Totally wrong, just because a couple of groups may do drugs, you don't know what has led them to start that life and no-one should judge them. It is wrong for someone to stereotype a whole age group. Instead of judging we should help them get a better life and not degrade them for something that might not have even been their fault.
Make a report anonymously.
Original post by NFigueira
I doubt it. I think people just have a really bad view on teenagers and then end up stereotyping the whole age group. Totally wrong, just because a couple of groups may do drugs, you don't know what has led them to start that life and no-one should judge them. It is wrong for someone to stereotype a whole age group. Instead of judging we should help them get a better life and not degrade them for something that might not have even been their fault.

If yyou're talking about me, i'm well within that age group, it's not a stereotype it is pretty accurate when you're from a low socio-econonmic background.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending