The Student Room Group

Mountbatten March 2020 NYC Programme

Starting a thread for anyone who wants to discuss the Mountbatten programme and will be applying for the March 2020 intake. Any previous people who’ve done the programme feel free to add any helpful hints and tips!

Scroll to see replies

I've been considering it. Not sure, though, as my office work is not really in any of the areas mentioned. No harm in trying, though!
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of applying for March 2020, do we know what acceptance rates are like?
Reply 3
I am very interested in applying for the March 2020 NY programme aswell, like it’s something I want to do so badly! I’ve got some questions if any of them can be answered- when do the actual applications open to even apply for it? - how long does the entire process take until you actually find out if you’re in?- how much work experience do you reckon would be enough to be accepted?
Reply 4
Heya 😊 I'm thinking of applying too, but was wondering how much holiday we will receive (want to fly home for Christmas etc!)

Also, I've just finished uni so don't have a vast amount of relevant work experience. Will this set me back alot?
Hello!

Have you guys applied for March 2020? I'm considering applying for the August 2020 one since I've missed the deadline for March. I have a friend who's done it and he was really happy with the experience overall.
Also, I'm considering using the committee member experience from uni as work experience since I just graduated. I hope it works out
Reply 6
Hello, I applied for the March 2020 intake and got through the initial Mountbatten interview. Currently in the candidate pool waiting for host company interviews.

Has anyone else applied? If so, what industry are people looking to get into?
Reply 7
Original post by BFL98
Heya 😊 I'm thinking of applying too, but was wondering how much holiday we will receive (want to fly home for Christmas etc!)

Also, I've just finished uni so don't have a vast amount of relevant work experience. Will this set me back alot?

The amount of holiday is relative to the company you get placed in, American companies don’t usually get a lot of holiday. Some people get 12 days, others give more or less, it really depends.

You need at least 12 months of office based experience before coming on the program (its a US visa requirement). I would give Mountbatten a call and talk through your experience, they’d be able to tell you specifically.
Reply 8
Original post by charliemasser
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of applying for March 2020, do we know what acceptance rates are like?

Relatively high, I don’t know anyone who has been rejected before. Have lots of friends who have done it in the past.
Hiya - I'm in the candidate pool for March 2020, I applied for the August 2018 intake but I couldn't fly out due to personal reasons beyond my control.
Reply 10
Original post by anisharuparelia
Hiya - I'm in the candidate pool for March 2020, I applied for the August 2018 intake but I couldn't fly out due to personal reasons beyond my control.

That’s great! What were your 3 industry choices?
Reply 11
Hi everyone,

Just curious to see what stage most people are at with the application/program? The wait to hear if you have an interview with a company is agonising!
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by E396
Hi everyone,

Just curious to see what stage most people are at with the application/program? The wait to hear if you have an interview with a company is agonising!

Join the Facebook Group if you have not done so already!
Reply 13
Yea I'm waiting to hear from companies too! How many shots do you reckon we could get?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by BFL98
Yea I waiting to hear from companies too! How many shots do you reckon we could get?

I reckon they keep going until you are placed, in previous cohorts they seem to always have less candidates then they do placements. Of course if you reject lots of placements that lowers your chance of getting on the program but everyone seems to get on fine so I wouldn’t worry.

I don’t know anyone whose been placed yet and everyone in the FB group is radio silent (understandably!) so hopefully we all start getting interviews soon.
Hey! I've applied for the March 2021 intake, I just wanted to ask what the time frame was like between submitting your application and getting the initial Mounbatten interview?
Reply 16
Original post by ChillieMilson
Hey! I've applied for the March 2021 intake, I just wanted to ask what the time frame was like between submitting your application and getting the initial Mounbatten interview?

Quick I think, usually within a few weeks. Not sure how different this will be given COVID. Is the program still going ahead or are the placements remote?
Original post by ChillieMilson

Hey! me too, i received a confirmation of application and was told it would be a few weeks. I think sometime in January.
Reply 18
Hey, just wondering if anyone is planning on applying for the Sept 2021 intake? And if the March 2021 intake went ahead?
Original post by AF2710
Hey, just wondering if anyone is planning on applying for the Sept 2021 intake? And if the March 2021 intake went ahead?

March didn't go ahead, they're currently planning to move that intake to September!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending