FBoom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hello Everyone

I am working on a research that looks at the data collected through
devices.
Did you know that under new EU law you can ask for a copy of your personal data collected ?

For my PhD I want to do a small survey to see how this right to dataportability works is dealt with by companies in practice

So would you like to join me in finding out ?

I am looking for people who have/had Telematics insurance (also called black box or use based insurance) either through a device installed or an app on your phone.

Also I am interested if you have a 'connected car' to see what data is collected.

Please contact me and let's find out !

Looking forward to hearing from you

Just to confirm I am serious about your privacy so all information you provide will not be used for any other purpose than my academic PhD research and academic publications for which your contributions will be ppseudonimized. You can withdraw your consent to work with me at any time.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by FBoom)
Hello Everyone

I am working on a research that looks at the data collected through
devices.
Did you know that under new EU law you can ask for a copy of your personal data collected ?

For my PhD I want to do a small survey to see how this right to dataportability works is dealt with by companies in practice

So would you like to join me in finding out ?

I am looking for people who have/had Telematics insurance (also called black box or use based insurance) either through a device installed or an app on your phone.

Also I am interested if you have a 'connected car' to see what data is collected.

Please contact me and let's find out !

Looking forward to hearing from you

Just to confirm I am serious about your privacy so all information you provide will not be used for any other purpose than my academic PhD research and academic publications for which your contributions will be ppseudonimized. You can withdraw your consent to work with me at any time.
You already had this right under DPA 1998, the GDPR just reinforced it. The process has always been called a Subject Access Request.

Nothing new.
FBoom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
You already had this right under DPA 1998, the GDPR just reinforced it. The process has always been called a Subject Access Request.

Nothing new.
Hello Tom
No offence but actually it is new since the right to access is different than the right to dataportability.

If you have some experience with this please share !
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by FBoom)
Hello Tom
No offence but actually it is new since the right to access is different than the right to dataportability.

If you have some experience with this please share !
The right to access your data is not new.. and you're a PhD student.. good lord..
nevershear
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by FBoom)
Hello Tom
No offence but actually it is new since the right to access
It's not new, do you have any idea how ludicrous it sounds to imply you could not see information about yourself?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (26)
6.58%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (231)
58.48%
No (138)
34.94%

Watched Threads