The Student Room Group

Going to gym and hate it - what do you recommend?

I have had a gym membership since July. It was fine going most days during the Summer as it let me shed some pounds and gave me
something to do at the Summer.

But every weekend, I feel that my dad is making my day revolve around going to the gym and I just don't enjoy it.

I'm wanting to be in half decent shape but I do not enjoy it at all. What is your advice?
First do some sort of research on what sports you like and then come up with a practical alternative to going to the gym. approach your dad with the plan in a mature manner. if he still wants you to go to the gym every week thentry to find middle ground or a compromise between the two of you. he may let you do what you would prefer and still go to the gym

hope it goes well.🙏👊🤞🤞
If you really hate it don’t go. There’s no point in doing something if you don’t enjoy it. Maybe speak to your dad and explain how you feel, if you really have to go I’d say watch some motivational videos or look at someone who maybe has your goal physique to motivate you
Find a sport/physical activity you actually enjoy.
I took up cycling and never saw gym the same way again :smile: I'm sure you'll enjoy some kind of physical activity
I've always hated sports which is why I turned to the gym. But the honeymoon period is over and I no longer enjoy or have the motivation for it.
ive been going to gym for last 2 years properly and never truly enjoyed it. its a slog getting there, got quite abit of gym anxiety which cant seem to shake off, and it fkn hurts lol. but when u see the results its worth it

Quick Reply

Latest