Should I finish my coursework in Y10 whilst I have the opportunity?

Watch
eocate
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So, I’m a student in Y10 studying for GCSE.
I have quite a bit of coursework to finish for Business Studies and Spanish. Should I complete my coursework in Y10 whilst I have the time and opportunity- or should I wait until Y11?
I’m unsure as we are kind of just told to do it and are set time limits but then the time limits are just forgotten about. So it doesn’t really get done.
Any advice would be much appreciated but especially from GCSE students and onwards
Thank you! X
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you can do it, then I don't see why not.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There isn't any coursework for GCSE Spanish or Business Studies in England. Where are you?
esha_khalsa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Definitely do it as you go along. You wouldn’t want work to pile up towards the end. You can always do it during summer or other holidays if you don’t have time during term time
gluttonyyy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i've done spanish and had no coursework...what exam board?
eocate
Rep:
?
(Original post by Compost)
There isn't any coursework for GCSE Spanish or Business Studies in England. Where are you?
I am in England, I have coursework for business studies and the ‘coursework’ for Spanish is writing up around 50 paragraphs in preparation for my speaking exam.
eocate
Rep:
?
(Original post by justarosexo)
i've done spanish and had no coursework...what exam board?
I’m doing AQA.. it isn’t necessarily coursework but we have around 50 paragraphs to write up in to a booklet for our speaking exam
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by eocate)
I am in England, I have coursework for business studies and the ‘coursework’ for Spanish is writing up around 50 paragraphs in preparation for my speaking exam.
There is no coursework (NEA) for Business. The old specification had some but the new one does not https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/busi...on-at-a-glance
username3434964
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Compost)
There is no coursework (NEA) for Business. The old specification had some but the new one does not https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/busi...on-at-a-glance
Is there cousework for vocational business?
Compost
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bill Nye)
Is there cousework for vocational business?
Theer are loads of different Business qualifications and some will have coursework but the OP said GCSE Business
gluttonyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m doing AQA.. it isn’t necessarily coursework but we have around 50 paragraphs to write up in to a booklet for our speaking exam
ohh right i can only speak for Spanish I have just done my gcses and got a 7 for spanish (i still don't understand how) i did AQA too and remember preparing for speaking it was such a pain writing it then getting it checked and having to improve and rewrite it , but in that case i think it is a good idea to get it done earlier on as you'd have plenty of time to memorise it before your exam, i got my questions ans answers sorted and had a week to memorise which trust me wasn't enough to memorise like 20 questions i could've done a lot better if i had more time bcoz i'd forgotten most of it
nanifromccs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So, I’m a student in Y10 studying for GCSE.
I have quite a bit of coursework to finish for Business Studies and Spanish. Should I complete my coursework in Y10 whilst I have the time and opportunity- or should I wait until Y11?
I’m unsure as we are kind of just told to do it and are set time limits but then the time limits are just forgotten about. So it doesn’t really get done.
Any advice would be much appreciated but especially from GCSE students and onwards
Thank you! X
I'm in year 11 and i'm doing igcse. I have coursework due tomorrow (not even joking) which I haven't completed because I should've done it in year 10. (And I'm currently super stressed out because I have to finish and I can't bring myself to do it). Trust me, if you are aiming for high grades then you want to get your coursework out of the way from the start (not rushing it but doing good quality pieces). If you do it this way, in Year 11 you can focus more on practicing for the exams and not on finishing your coursework and you can go back and change things you don't like instead of having to write things from scratch. So in the end it will be a combination of both years and getting help/feedback from outside (to make it better) so that you aren't rushed when the deadlines come.
eocate
Rep:
?
ohh right i can only speak for Spanish I have just done my gcses and got a 7 for spanish (i still don't understand how) i did AQA too and remember preparing for speaking it was such a pain writing it then getting it checked and having to improve and rewrite it , but in that case i think it is a good idea to get it done earlier on as you'd have plenty of time to memorise it before your exam, i got my questions ans answers sorted and had a week to memorise which trust me wasn't enough to memorise like 20 questions i could've done a lot better if i had more time bcoz i'd forgotten most of it
Wow! Well done on your grade 7, that’s amazing. In my school we have to do the whole speaking, listening, reading and writing, but I would say it’s not awful as all the vocab kind of goes hand-in-hand with each other, and vocab is the key to success in GCSE Spanish, according to my teacher😂
eocate
Rep:
?
(Original post by nanifromccs)
I'm in year 11 and i'm doing igcse. I have coursework due tomorrow (not even joking) which I haven't completed because I should've done it in year 10. (And I'm currently super stressed out because I have to finish and I can't bring myself to do it). Trust me, if you are aiming for high grades then you want to get your coursework out of the way from the start (not rushing it but doing good quality pieces). If you do it this way, in Year 11 you can focus more on practicing for the exams and not on finishing your coursework and you can go back and change things you don't like instead of having to write things from scratch. So in the end it will be a combination of both years and getting help/feedback from outside (to make it better) so that you aren't rushed when the deadlines come.
Thank you so much for this! It’s really useful to know what to do because we are just told to do the work and not always checked up on.
Thank you! I’ll start with my coursework ASAP I guess!😂
gluttonyyy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow! Well done on your grade 7, that’s amazing. In my school we have to do the whole speaking, listening, reading and writing, but I would say it’s not awful as all the vocab kind of goes hand-in-hand with each other, and vocab is the key to success in GCSE Spanish, according to my teacher😂
thanks and I remember the 4 different exams it was awful, but yep vocab is the best and learning vocab that you can apply to everything like connectives, opinion phrases etc. I found speaking the easiest because we got to prepare for it. Also because the speaking exam is first, whatever questions&answers we memorised for that we were able to use for all the other exams ie writing and it made life a whole lot easier..
EmRep13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
100% if you have the time. An hour or two every couple of days is enough to put a significant dent in - plus you don't want that burden or overload when you suddenly get a final deadline.
mez_merising
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes do it now do not even hesitate
Le5pau1
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Be smart with your time, do it while you can.
eocate
Rep:
?
thanks and I remember the 4 different exams it was awful, but yep vocab is the best and learning vocab that you can apply to everything like connectives, opinion phrases etc. I found speaking the easiest because we got to prepare for it. Also because the speaking exam is first, whatever questions&answers we memorised for that we were able to use for all the other exams ie writing and it made life a whole lot easier..
Yeah I completely get what you mean, we did a set of speaking mocks on a certain topic in Y9 and I got full marks! I just used those answers in my writing, or something similar, and managed to get a grade 9 for that also, thank god for the speaking exam😂
eocate
Rep:
?
(Original post by mez_merising)
Yes do it now do not even hesitate
I have started today x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (18)
19.35%
I'm not sure (2)
2.15%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (26)
27.96%
I have already dropped out (3)
3.23%
I'm not a current university student (44)
47.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise