?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've chosen to apply to 3 Universities for Nutrition/Dietetics:

King's College London,
Nutrition and Dietetics (4 years)

King's College London, University of London
Nutrition (3 years)

UCL
Nutrition and Medical Sciences (3 years)

I still have 2 more options left, I've considered Biomedicine but does anyone have any suggestions for courses related to Nutrition/Dietetics? (I take A Level Biology, Chemistry, and Spanish)
MrAcc
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think biomedicine would be your best shot. As there aren't many courses that relate to nutrition/dietetics.

Hope that helps!!
Leen -2001
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
St mary university and middle sex and university of west minister all of them do these courses as well as Kingston
Nida1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dunya)

King's College London,

Nutrition (3 years)

UCL

I still have 2 more options left, I've considered Biomedicine but does anyone have any suggestions for courses related to Nutrition/Dietetics? (I take A Level Biology, Chemistry, and Spanish)
Hello! I am also planning on applying for nutrition and dietetics or nutrition at KCL. I hope this question isn't stupid but I thought we could only apply to KCL for one course? How are you applying for Nutrition and Dietetics and Nutrition I didn't know that was possible. Thank you
Dunya
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Nida1)
Hello! I am also planning on applying for nutrition and dietetics or nutrition at KCL. I hope this question isn't stupid but I thought we could only apply to KCL for one course? How are you applying for Nutrition and Dietetics and Nutrition I didn't know that was possible. Thank you
From what I've been told by my teachers, you can apply to more than one course in the same Uni, however, bear in mind that your personal statement will need to apply for both courses if they aren't similar.

You're applying for Dietetics at Kings as well? haha who knows we might see each other soon XD
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dunya)

King's College London,

Nutrition (3 years)

UCL

Nutrition and dietetics are very different things, and you'd be well advised to check the differences carefully. Dietetics leads to registration as an AHP health professional, and is the requirement to become a dietician (it doesn't have to lead to this, but often does). Nutrition can lead to various careers in food and other sectors but cannot lead to dietetic practice (or at least not without further study).
ChammyIRL
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dunya)

King's College London,

Nutrition (3 years)

UCL

Hey Dunya,

Have you decided what route you're likely to take after graduation as that can be an influence on the courses you choose. As Reality Check stated, the nutrition side can lead you into the more food-related side of the subject so food technicians, company nutritionists, private/public nutritionist, food marketing and product delevelopment. Whereas you'd need dietetics if you want the dietician route.

I'm currently in my first year of Nutrition and Public Health with the goal of doing a PGCE at the end to become a Food and Nutrition Technology Teacher. My lectures also have people doing Nutrition, Diet and Lifestyle, Food and Nutrition, and Food Marketing.

mollz_molly
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There are a lot of nutrition courses: Leeds do a good one that can get you accredited with two bodies being the association for nutrition and also the institute for food science and technology. I have offers from there, Oxford Brookes, Bath Spa and Chester. They all seem good
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads