MR52
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Has anyone done/in the process of completing the Google software development apprenticeship? if so, what's it like?
MR52
Rep:
?
bump
0j0
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I applied November 2018, and haven't recieved further contact after the submission confirmation email. Is this an expected amount of time? I would appreciate if anyone share their experience with this as well
MR52
Rep:
?
(Original post by 0j0)
I applied November 2018, and haven't recieved further contact after the submission confirmation email. Is this an expected amount of time? I would appreciate if anyone share their experience with this as well
Hi. Yeah I applied around that time and I still haven't heard anything or received anything at all. Strange, but maybe it just takes time with a large organisation like that.
ashleygainey99
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I applied for the Google Apprenticeship in (November) 2017. I didn't hear back from them until late February 2018. Hang in there. While applying to Google, apply to others if you can.
MR52
Rep:
?
(Original post by ashleygainey99)
Hey, I applied for the Google Apprenticeship in (November) 2017. I didn't hear back from them until late February 2018. Hang in there. While applying to Google, apply to others if you can.
Oh cool, thanks. How did you get on? any success?
ashleygainey99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by MR52)
Oh cool, thanks. How did you get on? any success?
I applied when I had lots of exams and coursework to do so I didn't give it my all and I must admit I did send off a rubbish cover letter. I learnt from that and I am a Degree Apprentice somewhere else now. So, I've done quite well.
MR52
Rep:
?
I applied when I had lots of exams and coursework to do so I didn't give it my all and I must admit I did send off a rubbish cover letter. I learnt from that and I am a Degree Apprentice somewhere else now. So, I've done quite well.
If I may ask, where and which degree apprenticeship are you on?
ashleygainey99
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah, so the company is Alfred H Knight in Liverpool (where I live), working as an Apprentice Software Developer. It was AHK's first year of doing degree apprenticeships and hope they do it this year (September) because degree apprenticeships are so rare but are also amazing for the both employee and employer.

I study the 'Digital & Technology Solutions' degree which is for 4 years.
MR52
Rep:
?
Yeah, so the company is Alfred H Knight in Liverpool (where I live), working as an Apprentice Software Developer. It was AHK's first year of doing degree apprenticeships and hope they do it this year (September) because degree apprenticeships are so rare but are also amazing for the both employee and employer.

I study the 'Digital & Technology Solutions' degree which is for 4 years.
Cool, thanks.
mcscrubanugget
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've also applied. Since the application closing date isn't until Friday, I reckon we may have to wait a while yet, they probably will start communicating with all of us at similar times.
MR52
Rep:
?
(Original post by mcscrubanugget)
I've also applied. Since the application closing date isn't until Friday, I reckon we may have to wait a while yet, they probably will start communicating with all of us at similar times.
I agree. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
abubakr0344
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I applied to Google aswell. Has anyone heard anything yet?
mcscrubanugget
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No, not yet. Will probably be a few weeks/Months yet.
MR52
Rep:
?
I haven't heard anything either. I guess we're still waiting.
Gaurav3815
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did you get in ?
mcscrubanugget
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was advanced to the next stage, you?
MR52
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gaurav3815)
Did you get in ?
(Original post by mcscrubanugget)
I was advanced to the next stage, you?
How do I know if I've got in or advanced to the next stage? I haven't received any sort of notification yet.
mcscrubanugget
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They sent me an email
Gaurav3815
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yh same I am on the next stage now
Last edited by Gaurav3815; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (436)
58.92%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.41%
No- I want it (214)
28.92%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.76%

Watched Threads