Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've opted to post anonymously as to not receive bias and hate for study-related questions I post.
Please be respectful and logical in your questioning.
Anonymous #1
I want this to be a serious thread. There's a time and place for everything.
Anonymous #1
My knowedge is limited in this area so I cannot really say.
FlamingFlamango
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes. The most fundamental belief is that there is only one god and that god is Allah. Other beliefs are secondary to this.
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How do you feel about Christians and Jews?
FlamingFlamango
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’d like to apologise on behalf of the muslims or others who disagree with me. I don’t think anyone other than God actually has to right to judge, especially if you are a Muslim or not. I’m a Sunni Muslim so don’t receive much questioning as I’m part of the majority, but i truly hate the vile comments people make on other sections and actively try to prevent them. Each to their own, their is no need to slander the others.
FlamingFlamango
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Professional G)
How do you feel about Christians and Jews?
They’re great. I don’t think people realise how similar the 3 Abrahamic religions actually are. We pretty much share the majority of our prophets. Muslims can also eat kosher meat if there is no halal meat available.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If you wanted it to be a 'serious thread' then:

(a) why do an AMA - you know what an AMA leads to - questions about breakfast.
(b) why post this in Advice on everyday issues rather than Faith and Spirituality?
username3941996
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by FlamingFlamango)
They’re great. I don’t think people realise how similar the 3 Abrahamic religions actually are. We pretty much share the majority of our prophets. Muslims can also eat kosher meat if there is no halal meat available.
You are a rare breed. A person who puts their differences aside and is friendly to everyone. I’ve seen too much hatred and ignorance on this site so to see someone who isn’t close minded and realises that similarities between the 3 Abrahamic religions. I hope many follow your lead 🙏
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
You are a rare breed. A person who puts their differences aside and is friendly to everyone. I’ve seen too much hatred and ignorance on this site so to see someone who isn’t close minded and realises that similarities between the 3 Abrahamic religions. I hope many follow your lead 🙏
I am not a muslim but the Quran did mention the Abrahamic religion other than Islam it referred them as “the people the book”, they are protected. They no obliged to pay Zakat, their money and land should be protected
FlamingFlamango
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you!!

Trust me, I’ve been trying! Only joined week ago to see uni offer updates but then realised there are at least 2 threads a day dedicated on criticising Islam. I see the same people who are relentless in using the same reasons - i commend the logic and effort they have put in, but it’s still really sad to see how set they are in their ways. I have managed to ge to a middle ground with some people, with the shared appreciation of historical context, and that was nice. But if the thread has more than 4 attackers at once, I leave. Too time consuming!

Comments like yours makes my efforts worth it.
username3941996
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am not a muslim but the Quran did mention the Abrahamic religion other than Islam it referred them as “the people the book”, they are protected. They no obliged to pay Zakat, their money and land should be protected
Tell that to the amount of people (Muslims and Non Muslims) who don’t believe that. I still see people on this site call other faiths fake. To see someone who understands is relieving.
username3832246
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They dont pay zakat they pay the "non-muslim" tax aka jizya
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You are aware what AMA stands for right?
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by johnny.snow)
They dont pay zakat they pay the "non-muslim" tax aka jizya
Jizya is voluntary - if they refused to pay Jizya; they don’t get Caliphate protection meaning they don’t enjoy the authorities services but it doesn’t imply they get prosecuted if they refuse
username3832246
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Jizya is voluntary - if they refused to pay Jizya; they don’t get Caliphate protection meaning they don’t enjoy the authorities services but it doesn’t imply they get prosecuted if they refuse
Surely it means they cant live in the Muslim land? I guess its voluntary in the sense that if you dont want to pay it then gtfo lol
Anonymous #2
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by johnny.snow)
Surely it means they cant live in the Muslim land? I guess its voluntary in the sense that if you dont want to pay it then gtfo lol
It may imply you won’t get proper protection from criminals since the police and Hisba (accountability) are paid from Zakat to serve the authorities
Jolly Rogering
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
do you take your tea with milk and sugar?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (224)
43.33%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (58)
11.22%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (40)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (108)
20.89%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (59)
11.41%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (28)
5.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed