annabel_gilmour
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
At GCSE I'm studying English Lit + Lang, Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History, Spanish and Art. I'm predicted 8s and 9s in all of them! At A-Level, I know I only want to do 3 subjects, and I definitely want to Biology and Chemistry. After that I'm not sure whether to do Spanish or English Lit! I particularly like Spanish because it's very fun and quite game based at the moment but I'm not sure whether this continues at A-Level? If anyone has studied either or both subjects and could tell me what it's/they're like that would be super helpful (For reference I want to do something science based at university, most likely something like biochemistry!)
kikideekee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
spanish a level is awful!!!!!!! i hated it sooooo much and really preferred english lit!! i wish i had dropped it when i first realised i hated. english lit was far more enjoyable and i found it easier to get better grades personally. spanish a gcse was a blast but a level is a whole other story the jump is ridiculous
annabel_gilmour
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by kikideekee)
spanish a level is awful!!!!!!! i hated it sooooo much and really preferred english lit!! i wish i had dropped it when i first realised i hated. english lit was far more enjoyable and i found it easier to get better grades personally. spanish a gcse was a blast but a level is a whole other story the jump is ridiculous
what made you dislike it? xx
Emily_5410
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! I currently do AQA English Lit and for mine we have looked at tragedy (Death of a Salesman, Keats and King Lear) and now crime (Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Atonement and a poetry anthology). We also do coursework which is feminism for one piece and Marxism for the other. Do bare in mind though, it is a LOT though like Atonement is open book in the exam but that's it, the rest is from memory. Maybe I'm bias but I would fully recommend it, I really enjoy it.

Really it comes down to whether you want to know another language or you want to gain analytical skills because both will help you and you can afford to pick a subject just because you enjoy it. Good luck with everything 😊
kikideekee
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i think the amount of knowledge you were meant to suddenly know from the start but also it is extremely hard to get an A/A* in spanish (theres stuff on it oonline if u wanna research it)

but also i just ended up hating the language which makes me sad as i used to love it at gcse and i got an A* at gcse and then a C at a level but got A*A in history and english lit a level.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (157)
60.38%
I don't have everything I need (103)
39.62%

Watched Threads