Sciences Po Undergrad 2019 Watch

Nonreturner
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by richardsmith)
Oh wow well I’ve chosen the same! so hopefully I will see you there! Although they haven’t confirmed yet.
Here's that long wait for the details. Anyway, hope we see each other there!
richardsmith
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Nonreturner)
Here's that long wait for the details. Anyway, hope we see each other there!
Yes, and hopefully we’ll both get in! Are you doing A-levels?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Nonreturner
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Yes, and hopefully we’ll both get in! Are you doing A-levels?
Amen to that.

Well, I come from Romania, so I did not go through A-Levels. I went through the standard school leaving exam procedure (called the baccalaureate because Romania because borrowed a lot of elements for its institutional apparatus from the French, what with all the sons of nobles going to study in Paris and everything in the 19th century). This is another reason I chose France and Sciences Po, the slight similarities between these 2 nations, for better or for worse.
StefaniaPila
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I suppose I'll be the first to reply to this topic.

Romanian here, initially went to study the LLB at Groningen this year but quit because of the costs. When I heard about Sciences Po though I immediately thought it would be the perfect place for me to be, so I've decided to apply to Reims for Europe-North America and Le Havre. If anyone else replies, we could help each other out by answering any possible questions.
Hi there, also from Romania, applied at the beginning of December at the Dijon and Reims (North America) campuses I've also applied for the PPLE program at University of Amsterdam, but my first choice is definitely Sciences Po, as I've been wanting to move to France for quite a while now. The personal statement took me a while to write as I wanted it to be as good as possible, but nothing compared to the stress of having to wait for the teachers to submit their references. It was time-consuming, and I'm also not very keen on depending on others. Anyway, what I like about their system is the fact that they ask for an approx 1000-word essay, which is enough for developing each idea. For example, I heard that the UK is limited to 4000 characters (650 words) and they don't even ask for a resume or CV, so it's way more pressing to write a personal statement for them. As for the interview, I'm glad I saw a good insight, I've been involved in debates for quite a while now but I still think this step of the admission is stressing. Glad I found this thread, by the way, I'm so happy to read all your messages
pinkymu
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Anybody had an interview offer for the dual degree with Berkeley? i am waiting on an email telling me if i got an interview but its now getting to late january so wondering if other people had so i can cross it off my list
ahugemess
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Anybody else got an interview offer in Menton Campus on the 7th of February?
Nonreturner
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by ahugemess)
Anybody else got an interview offer in Menton Campus on the 7th of February?
I just did.
richardsmith
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
I just did.
Me too. Are you all applying to Menton as your first choice?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ahugemess
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Me too. Are you all applying to Menton as your first choice?
I applied to Le Havre as my first choice but chose Menton as my first choice interview spot because I want to hear back early haha
Nonreturner
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
(Original post by ahugemess)
I applied to Le Havre as my first choice but chose Menton as my first choice interview spot because I want to hear back early haha
Same story here, except my 1st choice is Reims.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Performance Design and Practice Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Are you chained to your phone?