Sciences Po Undergrad 2019 Watch

shraani
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Nonreturner)
Oh yes, Reims is my first choice. I just had my interview almost 2 weeks ago and I'm just waiting on their reply. I wrote about my experience with it above and I just try to help others where I can.
Thanks for sharing your experience. It definitely sounds quite intense I must say...and you handled it well too. Your responses were pertinent and I am sure the interviewers expect the applicants to be nervous and give margins for that. Please do share if anything else comes to mind. Speaking for myself, I need all the help I can get
Nonreturner
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by shraani)
Thanks for sharing your experience. It definitely sounds quite intense I must say...and you handled it well too. Your responses were pertinent and I am sure the interviewers expect the applicants to be nervous and give margins for that. Please do share if anything else comes to mind. Speaking for myself, I need all the help I can get
Well I admit I later realised it was quite a fun experience. Time will pass pretty fast when you are presenting that article but the hard part is the questions really. I cannot stress how important it is to remember that they are going to press you to answer until you just can't anymore, but they will help you here and there. Personally I'm more of an interiorised/introverted individual so I based my responses on my knowledge more than my speaking skills (even though I had some training in public speaking). The important part though is to show them you are fit for the position and show some enthusiasm about the programme.
richardsmith
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well I admit I later realised it was quite a fun experience. Time will pass pretty fast when you are presenting that article but the hard part is the questions really. I cannot stress how important it is to remember that they are going to press you to answer until you just can't anymore, but they will help you here and there. Personally I'm more of an interiorised/introverted individual so I based my responses on my knowledge more than my speaking skills (even though I had some training in public speaking). The important part though is to show them you are fit for the position and show some enthusiasm about the programme.
Hey I had my interview the same time as you. Your experience sounds great, I reckon they were trying to push you to see how far you could go. When do you reckon we will hear back?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Nonreturner
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by richardsmith)
Hey I had my interview the same time as you. Your experience sounds great, I reckon they were trying to push you to see how far you could go. When do you reckon we will hear back?
Yo, they said in 2-3 weeks depending on the number of people applying, and tomorrow will mark the 2 week bookmark, so I don't really know.
ktgall
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How early before your interview dates did you find out that you all had/didn't have an interview?
shraani
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ktgall)
How early before your interview dates did you find out that you all had/didn't have an interview?
I got the email on Feb 15th and the interview is on March 5th
carosydlev
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by shraani)
Congratulations!
I have applied to Reims and have my interview in March. Would you be able to guide me in regards to what to expect in the interview and how you prepared for it?
Thank you ! It started off with the simple “why are you interested in this program”, then went to naming specific courses at both schools that appealed to me, and then just an overall discussion about the current political climate within Europe right now and its relations to the US. The representative from Sciences Po asked questions specifically based off of my letter of motivation. It was much more conversation feel than some of the other interviews people are mentioning with the article analysis! Good luck !!!
shraani
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by carosydlev)
Thank you ! It started off with the simple “why are you interested in this program”, then went to naming specific courses at both schools that appealed to me, and then just an overall discussion about the current political climate within Europe right now and its relations to the US. The representative from Sciences Po asked questions specifically based off of my letter of motivation. It was much more conversation feel than some of the other interviews people are mentioning with the article analysis! Good luck !!!
Thanks for the info! The email that I got mentioned that I will be given an article to prepare an 8-10 minute presentation after which there will be a general discussion.
ktgall
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Were your interviews all 100% English or did they switch to French if any of you knew French?
Nonreturner
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Were your interviews all 100% English or did they switch to French if any of you knew French?
100% English. They will test your French skills only if you apply to a campus where they also teach in French.
ktgall
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
100% English. They will test your French skills only if you apply to a campus where they also teach in French.
Ah okay that makes sense. I applied to the Menton campus, where they teach French and Arabic but don't require them. I know both, though not too much Arabic, do you think they would test both during the interview? Or would they wait on the Arabic skills until the Fall for a placement test?
Nonreturner
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ah okay that makes sense. I applied to the Menton campus, where they teach French and Arabic but don't require them. I know both, though not too much Arabic, do you think they would test both during the interview? Or would they wait on the Arabic skills until the Fall for a placement test?
Since I'm applying to Reims and they only teach in English there, I don't know. However, Menton has two variations of their programme - the English track and the French track, so I think it depends. As for Arabic, I heard it's only recommended, not necessary to know it, so I don't think they'll test you on that.
richardsmith
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I was just admitted to Menton, I am literally over the moon
Nonreturner
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I was just admitted to Menton, I am literally over the moon
I'm glad for you. As for me, I wasn't accepted.
richardsmith
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm glad for you. As for me, I wasn't accepted.
Oh that is such a shame, I am so surprised considering how challenging your interview was and the anwsers you gave. I am sure you will do great in your other options, and you can always come back to Sciences Po for your masters. Did you also receive the e-mail today?
Nonreturner
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh that is such a shame, I am so surprised considering how challenging your interview was and the anwsers you gave. I am sure you will do great in your other options, and you can always come back to Sciences Po for your masters. Did you also receive the e-mail today?
Yes, I also got the email today. A true shame, really.
alexxjamal
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Did anybody do an interview for the Le Havre campus? If so what article did you get an how did u feel the interview went. My interview is next week so I just want to know what to expect
ahugemess
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I did one a few weeks ago - got an article from the South China Morning Post within 10 days from my interview date about China-Australia military relationship strengthen. Follow up questions included political issues about international water, China politics, Australia politics and your PS. Hope this helps!
richardsmith
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I did one three weeks ago, the Menton campus being my first choice and Le Havre second. The article was from FT and it was about the role of the Gulf States and Iran in the reconstruction of Syria. Most questions they asked were about the Middle East in general and the things I said in the article. I personally believe that your PS and your grades and extra curricular achievements are just as important anyway
ILII
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
My interview is tomorrow!!! I'm applying for UBC-Sciences Po dual degree, 1st choice Le Havre. Hope I'll be fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.68%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.27%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (93)
14.6%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.89%
How can I be the best version of myself? (191)
29.98%

Watched Threads