Soc_psy_bus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello,

My A Level grades are AAA, in Business, Psychology and Sociology. My GCSE’s were 8B’s and 2C’s. If I aced the LNAT test, would there be any possibility of receiving an offer at oxford to study law?

I know it’s subjective, but be brutally honest please!
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Soc_psy_bus)
Hello,

My A Level grades are AAA, in Business, Psychology and Sociology. My GCSE’s were 8B’s and 2C’s. If I aced the LNAT test, would there be any possibility of receiving an offer at oxford to study law?

I know it’s subjective, but be brutally honest please!
There's much more to a successful application than just grades, so your question has only limited relevance.

The grades aren't particularly competitive for Law. Oxford tends to put more emphasis on GCSEs than most other universities, and the lack of any A/A* grades is a little bit concerning. The choices of A level subjects are OK and whilst they're A grades, one A* would make it much better.

I'm not saying you haven't got a chance - and you'd certainly need a very good LNAT result. But I think your chances aren't that strong for a course as competitive as jurisprudence (you don't do 'Law' at Oxford)
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are those achieved 'A' level grades? If so, what are you doing now? The application deadline for 2019 entry has passed.

You meet the grade requirements, so, yes, you have a chance with a very good LNAT result. Is there anything to explain your GCSE grades?
Soc_psy_bus
Rep:
?
They are achieved A level grades, I am currently studying at St Andrews university doing management, however I have realised this course isn’t for me, and I should have picked law/jurisprudence! I am a fresher, and thinking of leaving shortly.
(Original post by RogerOxon)
Are those achieved 'A' level grades? If so, what are you doing now? The application deadline for 2019 entry has passed.

You meet the grade requirements, so, yes, you have a chance with a very good LNAT result. Is there anything to explain your GCSE grades?
Soc_psy_bus
Rep:
?
I struggled with Depression during GCSEs. However I don’t know if that’s a serious enough reason for the low grades as it’s hardly comparable to bereavement or a severe illness.
RogerOxon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
They are achieved A level grades, I am currently studying at St Andrews university doing management, however I have realised this course isn’t for me, and I should have picked law/jurisprudence! I am a fresher, and thinking of leaving shortly.
It's going to be tough persuading them that you have a real passion for Law. You've also missed the 2019 application deadline. Sorry.

Law's not my ares though: BrasenoseAdm
BrasenoseAdm
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RogerOxon)
It's going to be tough persuading them that you have a real passion for Law. You've also missed the 2019 application deadline. Sorry.

Law's not my ares though:

Candidates do sometimes apply on course but all applications must be received by the 15 October deadline.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (339)
55.76%
I don't have everything I need (269)
44.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise