The Student Room Group

Payment blocked due to "lack of attendance"

Hello, Currently go to Northumbria University where today I received a letter from Student Finance England claiming they are blocking the maintenance loan due to me "Not attending my course".

This is of course, complete rubbish. I have attended every lecture, seminar and workshop etc etc. With this issue I called up the University in which I was told "We have had a couple of people with this issue, currently we have different methods to signing in and apparently some people are not actually handing in the completed register which may have caused this". This if true is a complete farce. I have been told that the issue will be looked at within the next couple of days.

Im just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue as well as quite frankly its idiotic that its happened to me but a disgrace that its happened to more than 6 people according to the person I talked to. I am ok with mistakes happening but when something as basic as registering my attendance becomes a problem when I am essentially paying the university via Student finance £9,000 a year it's absolutely ridiculous.

Like I said im looking to see if anyone else has had the same issue as well with any other universities. Thank you
Original post by Showaddywaddy
Hello, Currently go to Northumbria University where today I received a letter from Student Finance England claiming they are blocking the maintenance loan due to me "Not attending my course".

This is of course, complete rubbish. I have attended every lecture, seminar and workshop etc etc. With this issue I called up the University in which I was told "We have had a couple of people with this issue, currently we have different methods to signing in and apparently some people are not actually handing in the completed register which may have caused this". This if true is a complete farce. I have been told that the issue will be looked at within the next couple of days.

Im just curious if anyone else has experienced this issue as well as quite frankly its idiotic that its happened to me but a disgrace that its happened to more than 6 people according to the person I talked to. I am ok with mistakes happening but when something as basic as registering my attendance becomes a problem when I am essentially paying the university via Student finance £9,000 a year it's absolutely ridiculous.

Like I said im looking to see if anyone else has had the same issue as well with any other universities. Thank you

Hello,

We are sorry to hear you’ve had a frustrating experience with your attendance.

You’ve done the right thing by resolving it directly with your institution as they will now inform Student Finance that they have sent this through in error.

This should result in your online application updating with the correct details.

Warm Regards, Dean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending