The Student Room Group

St John's 2019 Applicants Thread

Hey guys, made a thread for people applying to St John's this year,
I'll start by telling you a bit about myself:
I'm applying for Maths
I currently take Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics predicted 4 A*s
At GCSE I got 3 9s and 7 A*s
I'm applying St John's because its a really nice college with good history and it has good fellows in maths.

Can't wait to hear from you guys.

Scroll to see replies

Hi! :smile:
A future law student here! (Hopefully)
Have you got any interview dates yet? I am a bit worried because they haven’t sent me an email yet and the dates for law interviews are 3-6 December. Not an invitation, nor a decline. Weird.
Reply 2
Original post by alexandrahristov
Have you got any interview dates yet? I am a bit worried because they haven’t sent me an email yet and the dates for law interviews are 3-6 December. Not an invitation, nor a decline. Weird.

Same, thats kinda why i made this, I had no idea what was going on becuase from what I heard they should be sending interview offers out now but I've not got a yes or no. I guess there's still time but with travel and everything as well as nerves, just wanna get it over with
Reply 3
Hey, I'm Lawrence from London, applying for Physical Natural Sciences.I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and Chemistry for A levels.My predicted grades are 4A*s, and I don't have any GCSE grades Lol (I just moved here a year ago).I chose here because I want to meet a bunch of fun people instead of nerds, and the vibe and May ball here is exactly the thing I'm looking.I found NSAA this year a bit easier and really enjoyed it! I did part ABE in section1 and all the Physics in section 2.Wish I can see everyone next year!
Reply 4

Dw, same here. According to their website, they usually give applicants around two weeks to get prepared for the interview, so I think you'll get the invitation around two weeks before the actual thing.
Did anyone get a reply from St John's after sending the confidentiality form? I got the email acknowledging my application, and a reminder to send the form, but I've had nothing since that. I just really want to find out if I've got an interview, so I can start prep for it
Reply 6
Original post by LlamaLikeEllie
Did anyone get a reply from St John's after sending the confidentiality form? I got the email acknowledging my application, and a reminder to send the form, but I've had nothing since that. I just really want to find out if I've got an interview, so I can start prep for it

Same thing happened to me.
Reply 7
Hello all,

When I sent them my email with my documents, I specifically asked if they acknowledge that they have received my documents. They just replied saying that they did, so not to worry because I think they just don't have the procedure of replying to every applicant sending in their documents.

Hope that helped! :smile:
Original post by Burnbad
Hey, I'm Lawrence from London, applying for Physical Natural Sciences.I do Maths, Further Maths, Physics, and Chemistry for A levels.My predicted grades are 4A*s, and I don't have any GCSE grades Lol (I just moved here a year ago).I chose here because I want to meet a bunch of fun people instead of nerds, and the vibe and May ball here is exactly the thing I'm looking.I found NSAA this year a bit easier and really enjoyed it! I did part ABE in section1 and all the Physics in section 2.Wish I can see everyone next year!

Woo~~ congratulations! My son also did ABE and setion 2 with Physics. But he did not answer the last question of problem 2. He applied Trinity for Physics
Had to send my form again as I realised that I hadn't put the correct subject for my email, so I decided to send it again just to be safe. Good job I realised before the deadline!
I completely forgot to introduce myself either :biggrin: I'm applying for Law this year. I do History, French, and Law at A-Level and I'm predicted 3 A*s. I also did an EPQ and I'm predicted an A* too. I got 9 A*s, 1 A, and 1 6 at GCSE, and I chose St Johns because I stayed there with my college and I really enjoyed my visit. :smile: Good luck to everyone! Hopefully we find out soon about interviews
Original post by LlamaLikeEllie

I haven’t. Tbh I have this weird feeling that that they will not start sending invites/anything before November 8th.
I haven’t. Tbh I have this weird feeling that that they will not start sending invites/anything before November 8th.

I don't think they send interview invites until mid-November so we need to be patient I guess :smile:
Hey - anybody else applied for HSPS? Post A-Level applicant (A*A*A*) here with an average set of GCSEs (A*A*AABBCC D*). Chose St Johns because it's spacious, pretty, nice DOS and good bursary!
Reply 14
Original post by WebHitchhiker
Hey - anybody else applied for HSPS? Post A-Level applicant (A*A*A*) here with an average set of GCSEs (A*A*AABBCC D*). Chose St Johns because it's spacious, pretty, nice DOS and good bursary!

What's DOS?
Reply 15
Original post by Burnbad
What's DOS?

Director of Studies. The senior academic for the course at your college.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Doonesbury
Director of Studies. The senior academic for the course at your college.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh thanks😀
I totally forgot about the form! thank you so much for starting this thread and reminding me!
Reply 18
Aha, yeah I would email them back to check they got your form anyway because I emailed them mine, but I didn't get a reply so to be safe I emailed to see whether they had it but they said they didn't so I'm rly glad i just checked.
Got kinda paranoid after school somehow *forgot* to enter me for the MAT.
Reply 19
Original post by thisguy321
Aha, yeah I would email them back to check they got your form anyway because I emailed them mine, but I didn't get a reply so to be safe I emailed to see whether they had it but they said they didn't so I'm rly glad i just checked.
Got kinda paranoid after school somehow *forgot* to enter me for the MAT.

After seeing this, I just did the same thing LOL. Wish they've received mine.

Quick Reply