AyeshaZ
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Im really struggling with geography i study but i get low grades, how do i study effictevely? (Edexel/ GCSE)
Mxf.e
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I had the same problem with gcse Geography. I would get lower grades in this subject compared to my other subjects.

Is this A Level geography or GCSE?
Mxf.e
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
And what exam board?
boredsatan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AyeshaZ)
Im really struggling with geography i study but i get low grades, how do i study effictevely?
try harder?
AyeshaZ
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mxf.e)
I had the same problem with gcse Geography. I would get lower grades in this subject compared to my other subjects.

Is this A Level geography or GCSE?
GCSEs
AyeshaZ
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mxf.e)
And what exam board?
Edexel
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
flashcards for case studies worked well for me. geography's pretty content heavy so condense the information down when possible- bullet points, mindmaps, flashcards etc...
exam technique's important too so get into the habit of practicing exam questions, particularly the ones with higher marks.
Mxf.e
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by AyeshaZ)
Edexel
I do ocr b. Definitely exam questions and I don’t know about edexcel but make sure to use examples even when it doesn’t say use a case study e.g. in the 6 marks.

I feel like only do Flashcards for casetudys or I write the facts/figures, causes, responses, social/economic/environmental impacts on a paper typed with short condensed information in different boxes.

Try repeating what you learn while you revise or try and teach it to a younger sibling.
dyllll
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
PRACTISE QUESTIONS! Try not to get too hung up on all the content. You don't need 100's and 100's of statistics on each case study. If the worst comes to the worst just make them up. Ensure that you can write solid long answer questions and have good timing and exam technique. This pushed my grade up from a 5 to a 9 lol good luck x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (148)
52.11%
No (136)
47.89%

Watched Threads