The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

LJMU Nursing 2019 Interview

Scroll to see replies

Hi!

Congratulations on your offer at LJMU!

I'm in a similar boat, I'm wanting to study paramedic science at LJMU next year, I'll be classed as a mature student, I have all my grades/experience and I've done my interview early last December. how long after your interview did you receive the offer? did they tell you it can take as long as April?

hopefully see you at LJMU next year!
Liverpool
Reply 21
Original post by fionam12
I am doing to an interview next Thursday 17/01 for child nursing at LJMU I sent my UCAS off late October and they invited me to an interview around the 15th of December. Don’t worry they’re probably interviewing loads of people at the moment (there are only 30 places and apparently they had a few hundred applicants last year) they’ll get to you don’t worry :smile:

How did your interview go @fionam12? How was the interview set out?
I have received my interview date now!! So happy, nervous and excited!! :biggrin:
Hi,

I’m a mature student too and have an interview for mh nursing starting in sept in feb

Bit nervous what to expect but looking into things like mh in the news and the 6cs etc
Original post by Star*7
How did your interview go @fionam12? How was the interview set out?
I have received my interview date now!! So happy, nervous and excited!! :biggrin:

Sadly I was really nervous and forgot everything I had to say and think I’ve blown it even though it’s my first choice uni 😣
the interview wasn’t bad though, both the woman were really nice, friendly and chatty, they both helped me when I couldn’t get my words out which really helped me. They only asked 4 questions so it only lasted around 10 minutes x
Hi, I have an interview on the 4th Feb. What type of questions did they ask and was there any other activities like a group discussion?
Reply 25
Sadly I was really nervous and forgot everything I had to say and think I’ve blown it even though it’s my first choice uni 😣
the interview wasn’t bad though, both the woman were really nice, friendly and chatty, they both helped me when I couldn’t get my words out which really helped me. They only asked 4 questions so it only lasted around 10 minutes x

Oh I’m sure you will of done okay. They understand your going to be nervous.
That doesn’t seem to bad. I like short interviews.
Have you had any other interviews or offers?
Reply 26
I have my interview tomorrow, does anyone know what sort of questions they will ask 😫😫
Original post by username4320654
Hi ! It went really well thank you got offered a place and had it all confirmed so I’ll be starting Sept 2019[/QU
Hi, how soon after your interview did you get offered a place?
Hi ! It went really well thank you got offered a place and had it all confirmed so I’ll be starting Sept 2019

Hey, I’ve accepted LJMU as my firm offer for mental health nursing in September too! :smile:
Has many had an interview for Children's Nursing at LJMU yet? I applied back in November and my application went through after the reference was written on 19th December but still not hear anything x
Original post by Breeee
Good luck for your interview!

Hi , I have a interview at LJMU for mental health nursing tomorow any tips on what to expect what questions are asked
Hi !
I have my interview tomorrow for ljmu for mental health nursing. Anyone else in the same boat?
Very nervous as ljmu is my first choice and also my first interview !
Reply 31
Original post by Heatherc10
Hi , I have a interview at LJMU for mental health nursing tomorow any tips on what to expect what questions are asked

Hi,

Good luck for your interview.

My biggest tip would just be to try and stay calm, and be yourself. The interview is to help see if you're right for the course after all :smile:
Reply 32
Have you heard yet? I applied 8th January and still haven’t heard, but I have interviews for the other 4! X
Hi , yeh I got offered a place but not until March 2020 x
Reply 34
I haven’t yet but I applied 8th January! I have my other 4 interviews at UoNotts, UoLeeds, Sheffield Hallam and UoSalford but there’s only 30 places at LPJM and they said there was 1000 applicants last year! X
Original post by France96
Has many had an interview for Children's Nursing at LJMU yet? I applied back in November and my application went through after the reference was written on 19th December but still not hear anything x
Reply 35
Congrats, are you going to accept it? X
Original post by Heatherc10
Hi , yeh I got offered a place but not until March 2020 x
Reply 36
Hi, have you had your interview? If so how did it gg and what sort of things do I need to look into before hand? X
How did your interview go? I have one coming up and im wondering what kind of things they ask? Super nervous!! X
How did your interview go? Ive got mine soon and its my first one, super nervous and dont know what to expect. What kind of things did they ask and what was the layout of the interview? X
I am doing to an interview next Thursday 17/01 for child nursing at LJMU I sent my UCAS off late October and they invited me to an interview around the 15th of December. Don’t worry they’re probably interviewing loads of people at the moment (there are only 30 places and apparently they had a few hundred applicants last year) they’ll get to you don’t worry :smile:
Honestly I think I messed mine up because I really nervous, I’ve been put on the ‘reserve list’ for an offer but I don’t hold out much hope :frown: and honestly the interview is fine, the people were lonely and really made me feel at ease. All I can say is don’t overthink it, that’s what I did because LJMU is my first choice and I got really nervous. And they just asked things like the role of a nurse, anything in the news associated with nursing and a scenario question. And the layout was just 3/4 questions with a lecturer and another student nurse (that’s what mine had anyway) hope this helps and good luck x
Original post by missrhi19
How did your interview go? Ive got mine soon and its my first one, super nervous and dont know what to expect. What kind of things did they ask and what was the layout of the interview? X

Quick Reply

Latest