UserenameNot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So i chose three sections of an area to sample trees. I did this so that i would cover a large area. Within those areas, I chose random trees.. Is this Systematic or Stratified??
username4271948
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Neither. It’s randomisation
zxvs
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How did you select the three sections of the area? If it was a random selection, then it was a random sample.
UserenameNot
Rep:
?
(Original post by yellowduckyyy)
Neither. It’s randomisation
Could'nt it be Random Stratified? Because I divided the area into subgroups and then chose random samples?
UserenameNot
Rep:
?
(Original post by zxvs)
How did you select the three sections of the area? If it was a random selection, then it was a random sample.
I just did a belt transect across the area, ( a diagonal one) it was on a large open space and its shape was like a rhombus ish so i did a diagnonal transect across and on them i chose three areas, one at the start end and middle of the transect.

Could'nt it be Random Stratified? Because I divided the area into subgroups and then chose random samples?
username4271948
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by UserenameNot)
i did a diagnonal transect across and on them i chose three areas, one at the start end and middle of the transect.
It’s random systematic then.

It wouldn’t be random stratified since you didn’t divide it into subgroups based on characteristics. You just divided it into groups, and then chose the groups that you were going to use systematically. “One at the start end and middle of the transect”
UserenameNot
Rep:
?
(Original post by yellowduckyyy)
It’s random systematic then.

It wouldn’t be random stratified since you didn’t divide it into subgroups based on characteristics. You just divided it into groups, and then chose the groups that you were going to use systematically. “One at the start end and middle of the transect”
Thank you so much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What uni admissions terms did you/do you find confusing?

Adjustment (115)
14.3%
AAM (Additional Assessment Materials) (86)
10.7%
Changed course offer (35)
4.35%
Clearing (58)
7.21%
Conditional offer (11)
1.37%
Deferral (33)
4.1%
Ucas Extra (94)
11.69%
First Generation or First in Family (25)
3.11%
Point of Entry (56)
6.97%
Self-release (116)
14.43%
Tariff Point (65)
8.08%
Unconditional offer (11)
1.37%
Withdrawal (23)
2.86%
I understood all of the language used in the application process (70)
8.71%
I found another term confusing (let us know in the thread!) (6)
0.75%

Watched Threads