What kind of jobs can I do if I am doing Spanish, French & Maths A Level ? Watch

frz17
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hey,
So I am an A Level student, I came from France like 7 month ago to study in England.
As I said on the title, I chose : Maths, French & Spanish A Level
I would like to know what kind of job can I do after college...
I wish to study in the business in Uni but I am really lost because it is completely new for me...
I've chose Maths because it's really helpful for my future, I chose French because I talk fluently this language obviously and Spanish because I did Spanish from High School for 5 years which I got good results on this subject.
I didn't choose Economics or Business Studies because my tutor told me that it will be really hard for me to write a lot of essays because I don't talk English as a real English speaker, I mean that I have some difficulties to talk but I am practicing.
So that's why I chose those subjects and I would like to know for my future as well.

Thanks ;D
ajj2000
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by frz17)
Hey,
So I am an A Level student, I came from France like 7 month ago to study in England.
As I said on the title, I chose : Maths, French & Spanish A Level
I would like to know what kind of job can I do after college...
I wish to study in the business in Uni but I am really lost because it is completely new for me...
I've chose Maths because it's really helpful for my future, I chose French because I talk fluently this language obviously and Spanish because I did Spanish from High School for 5 years which I got good results on this subject.
I didn't choose Economics or Business Studies because my tutor told me that it will be really hard for me to write a lot of essays because I don't talk English as a real English speaker, I mean that I have some difficulties to talk but I am practicing.
So that's why I chose those subjects and I would like to know for my future as well.

Thanks ;D
Why not give yourself a chance to improve your English. Staying here for a couple of years should help a lot. It really isn't necessary to have studied business before to take it at university and lots of people won;t have done.
1secondsofvamps
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Seems like a waste to do french when that's your native langauage ngl
frz17
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
Why not give yourself a chance to improve your English. Staying here for a couple of years should help a lot. It really isn't necessary to have studied business before to take it at university and lots of people won;t have done.
Currently I am doing English Language as well (GCSE) because they told me that I will need it to get an Uni ... And I will stay in England for a long time for sure xD
frz17
Rep:
?
(Original post by 1secondsofvamps)
Seems like a waste to do french when that's your native langauage ngl
Not really xD, it trains me to improve my english when I translate sentences in english, and that's hard
frz17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Royal Oak)
Last time I heard, universities aren't very happy with people who do language A-levels in their native language. I hope that isn't an issues when it comes to applying.
If it will be an issue for me about find an uni, I will go to France, I think studying in England and doing A Level will be helpful, isn't it ?
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by frz17)
Currently I am doing English Language as well (GCSE) because they told me that I will need it to get an Uni ... And I will stay in England for a long time for sure xD
Thats great! Sounds like you are really going for it and have an aptitude for languages. Lots of European students go to British universities and take degrees like business. Just give yourself time to learn to a good enough level and don't get down if it doesn't all happen at once.
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by frz17)
If it will be an issue for me about find an uni, I will go to France, I think studying in England and doing A Level will be helpful, isn't it ?
If you want to apply to English universities, they don’t like A-Levels in your native language and some discount it. I’m not sure about French universities. May be a good idea to check entry requirement specifics before applying.

But best of luck with your studying!
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Any idea what sorts of jobs you might be interested in? Perhaps if you have a few ideas people can suggest further ideas. Which part of England are you living in? How are your A levels going?
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by frz17)
Doing A level is definitely helpful in England. Some university courses (really only the most competitve ones) will look into own language A levels, but lots of people do them without it being an issue.
frz17
Rep:
?
(Original post by ajj2000)
Any idea what sorts of jobs you might be interested in? Perhaps if you have a few ideas people can suggest further ideas. Which part of England are you living in? How are your A levels going?
I am interresting about business but I still don't know what exactly I am going to do... In France I did Economics, Sociology, Business Studies for 2 years... In college, you need to choose a speciality, only 3 of them are most taken by french students (Scientific, Economics&Sociology and Litterature) So I took Economics&Sociology speciality and I really enjoy it. Currently I am living in Manchester. And my A-Level is going great, I had good results before holidays, only GCSE English Language is a lit bit a problem for me, because I only did 1 month of this subject and next week I have GCSE Exam of English Language and then it's over if I got a C, I mean if I have at least a C on the exam, I will keep going with only 3 subjects. If I fail, I can do again this subject next year and I do the same exam, and I think I will fail this year, because it's impossible to get a great results in only 1 month... I need more time, to get a better mark on it.
Kilam_Namoan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Other than the sciency jobs- most jobs don't require specific A levels- or even specific degrees! You can be a lawyer (as long as you do Law at Uni or a GDL/SQE course after Uni). You can be an economist, a translator, a banker. The language skills makes you slightly more useful than other applicants- but lets be honest. The subjects you take dont matter too much. The grades matter a LOT more (albeit overtime A levels become irrelevant as your degree and experience at the job become a more important part of your CV).
ajj2000
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by frz17)
I am interresting about business but I still don't know what exactly I am going to do... In France I did Economics, Sociology, Business Studies for 2 years... In college, you need to choose a speciality, only 3 of them are most taken by french students (Scientific, Economics&Sociology and Litterature) So I took Economics&Sociology speciality and I really enjoy it. Currently I am living in Manchester. And my A-Level is going great, I had good results before holidays, only GCSE English Language is a lit bit a problem for me, because I only did 1 month of this subject and next week I have GCSE Exam of English Language and then it's over if I got a C, I mean if I have at least a C on the exam, I will keep going with only 3 subjects. If I fail, I can do again this subject next year and I do the same exam, and I think I will fail this year, because it's impossible to get a great results in only 1 month... I need more time, to get a better mark on it.
I wouldnt be too concerned about the English GCSE - you've plenty of time to pass it. There is no mad rush on that one. As noted above A level scores are far more important, although you do need to look at university requirements for English to avoid applying somewhere which would not work out.

You could always do a management/ economics type course with languages? Perhaps business with Spanish and possibly ab initio Italian. That would help in the employment market.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • University of Lincoln
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.34%
No (317)
75.66%

Watched Threads