The Student Room Group

I wish to marry a doctor (preferably a surgeon)

Hello everyone, I am a 20 year old female, 5'6 mixed race, auburn hair, hazel eyes, 55kg, born in Oxford. I am looking to marry a doctor, preferably a surgeon. I understand that one cannot dive head first into marriage so obviously am prepared to be courted for a while. But eventually I do desire to be married and produce children.

Why a doctor you may ask? Well I won't beat around the bush. I like a man who saves lives and has a steady income. There is just something about how a doctor struts around with a stethoscope around their neck that just turns me on so much :colondollar: I would prefer for the doctor to be a surgeon because I like a man who is good with their hands, but this isn't a deal breaker. As long as they are a real doctor and not an homeopath, chiropractor, etc.

I am prepared to settle down as a homemaker to bring up the children and make sure the home is tidy for when my husband comes back from his shift. However, if it required that I get a job, I am prepared to do that. Not ideal but I'll do what needs to be done for my family.

As for the physical requirements, ideally I would like my future spouse to be my height or taller, and to be at most 40 years older than me. The younger the better but I am aware that the older the doctor is, the bigger their salary will likely be. I would like my husband to not be overweight or obese as I feel that does not set a good example to their patients or our children, but don't require him to be an athlete either. I want somebody who is kind but also stern. 'Bad boys' go away now. Finally, I want a man who actually has a degree certificate they can show me. There are too many fake doctors around these days.

Thank you all for reading, if you match my specification (and I yours), please contact me for further details and to arrange a meeting. I am posting this in the relationships section but if someone feels it more appropriate for the Medicine section, please move it.

Yours,
Anne x
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Oh you’re looking for a SUGAR DADDY
Reply 2
Original post by Rainfall
Oh you’re looking for a SUGAR DADDY

No I'm looking for commitment and a life partner.
I hope you’re a troll
Reply 4
Original post by YaliaV
I hope you’re a troll

Why?
Reply 5
Original post by YaliaV
I hope you’re a troll

Yeah it probably is. Why would someone think they would be able to use this as a dating site?
Reply 6
Original post by Bio 7
Yeah it probably is. Why would someone think they would be able to use this as a dating site?

Do doctors not use this website?
Reply 7
Original post by Anne.Owens
Do doctors not use this website?

Not for dating.
Reply 8
Original post by Bio 7
Not for dating.

Do you have proof of this? Sometimes the unexpected can come from the least likely places.
you mentioned a ship.... do you want your husbo to be a naval doctor ?

"and make sure the home is tidy for when my husband comes back from his ship."
Reply 10
Original post by Anne.Owens
Do you have proof of this? Sometimes the unexpected can come from the least likely places.

Well given you joined today to ask about this I doubt anyone will take it seriously. If you want to find a partner then you’re best off finding a proper website or try meeting people in real life.
Ma'am you're looking in the wrong place
Reply 12
Original post by the bear
you mentioned a ship.... do you want your husbo to be a naval doctor ?

"and make sure the home is tidy for when my husband comes back from his ship."

Ooops got that changed :colondollar:
Good place to come. TSR is an undercover dating site :yep:
This is a student forum.... the only doctors we have are the medical students
Reply 15
Original post by Professional G
This is a student forum.... the only doctors we have are the medical students

There are doctors on here. I've seen them post.
You don't seem to understand how relationships work at all. You can't tailor make a partner to your specifications. There's also so much more to a person and to love and attraction than their career. That person will also change and grow over time and may even change career as a result of that, aspects of his personality may change over time, he may take on less attractive hobbies and interests, gain weight, change his style, etc.

I dated a pediatric surgeon briefly last summer. That was only one part of him - and not even the part of him I saw because I obviously didn't follow him to work! The side I saw was the guy with bad tattoos he had done drunk underage and who liked playing video games, watching sci fi movies, scuba diving, and fish-keeping. There was so much more to him than just his job.

Find someone you actually love and care for rather than going into searching for a partner on superficial means. When you care for someone what they do for work doesn't matter as long as it makes them happy.
Reply 17
Original post by sinfonietta
You don't seem to understand how relationships work at all. You can't tailor make a partner to your specifications. There's also so much more to a person and to love and attraction than their career. That person will also change and grow over time and may even change career as a result of that, aspects of his personality may change over time, he may take on less attractive hobbies and interests, gain weight, change his style, etc.

I dated a pediatric surgeon briefly last summer. That was only one part of him - and not even the part of him I saw because I obviously didn't follow him to work! The side I saw was the guy with bad tattoos he had done drunk underage and who liked playing video games, watching sci fi movies, scuba diving, and fish-keeping. There was so much more to him than just his job.

Find someone you actually love and care for rather than going into searching for a partner on superficial means. When you care for someone what they do for work doesn't matter as long as it makes them happy.

Interesting. But I know what I want.
In my experience, a surgeon very rarely wears a stethoscope, btw.
Someone that's not a doctor can give you the same love u want but money doesn't buy happiness

Quick Reply

Latest