Gay: My BF won't tell his siblings Watch

Rgent2001
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Hi, I'm a 17 year old gay guy and I have a boyfriend. I've not had a boyfriend for long, only 3 months. After the first week of being with him he came out to his parents, but he refuses to tell his brother and sister. Similarly, he won't introduce me to his friends even though they have know and accepted for a long time that he is gay.

My question is this: Should I be worried I haven't met his friends? Why hasn't he told his siblings if he's told his parents? If I shouldn't be worried, when should I be?

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Rgent2001; 10 months ago
sinfonietta
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
You've only been together a short while so don't worry about it. Don't pressure him he'll let them know/introduce you as and when he is ready to.
Rgent2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by sinfonietta)
You've only been together a short while so don't worry about it. Don't pressure him he'll let them know/introduce you as and when he is ready to.
Thank you 😊
C3PO-2187
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I think he probably needs his own time and space, and slowly, he might just open up. If not, then yes, it's a cause for concern, given that he's out of the closet and therefore there shouldn't necessarily be a reason why he's not telling them. Give it a bit of time, say a month longer or so. If it still goes on, talk to him first, get his perspective on it. I'm sure you'll figure it out. As a lesbian myself, I know how frustrating it is to have to feel like some sort of secret part of your partners life. Give it some time, for all you know, it may sort out by itself.
Rgent2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by C3PO-2187)
I think he probably needs his own time and space, and slowly, he might just open up. If not, then yes, it's a cause for concern, given that he's out of the closet and therefore there shouldn't necessarily be a reason why he's not telling them. Give it a bit of time, say a month longer or so. If it still goes on, talk to him first, get his perspective on it. I'm sure you'll figure it out. As a lesbian myself, I know how frustrating it is to have to feel like some sort of secret part of your partners life. Give it some time, for all you know, it may sort out by itself.
Thank you 😊 that's exactly how I feel. I think it's just because he comes over to stay every week at my place, and he's met both my brothers and 90% of my friends. I'm not really worried that much, because it's only been 3 months. But I'll take your advice and wait another month, probably 2, and see where that goes. Thanks again 😊
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
It's only been a few months, it's definitely not time to worry. I also think it's your partners decision when to come out, although I'm straight so my opinion th3re might not be fair.
C3PO-2187
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Rgent2001)
Thank you 😊 that's exactly how I feel. I think it's just because he comes over to stay every week at my place, and he's met both my brothers and 90% of my friends. I'm not really worried that much, because it's only been 3 months. But I'll take your advice and wait another month, probably 2, and see where that goes. Thanks again 😊
Anytime
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (57)
23.75%
No (183)
76.25%

Watched Threads