Name2468
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi

I have just taken my gdl exams. I’m unsure how well I did on my exams. I managed to spot the claims and site 4-5 case authorities per question and addressed the issues precisely. Is that good enough to pass? Is it unrealistic to expect a commendation?

I’m not a lazy person generally. But I didn’t study hard for these exams as I had a one year old to take care of, along with some other family problems.

I’ll be grateful if someone turns up and tells me what kind of results I should be expecting. From what I have gathered is that a number of people fail and not many people manage to get a commendation. Is that so?

Thanks in advance
RV3112
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Name2468)
Hi

I have just taken my gdl exams. I’m unsure how well I did on my exams. I managed to spot the claims and site 4-5 case authorities per question and addressed the issues precisely. Is that good enough to pass? Is it unrealistic to expect a commendation?

I’m not a lazy person generally. But I didn’t study hard for these exams as I had a one year old to take care of, along with some other family problems.

I’ll be grateful if someone turns up and tells me what kind of results I should be expecting. From what I have gathered is that a number of people fail and not many people manage to get a commendation. Is that so?

Thanks in advance
It's not uncommon to receive a commendation. Roughly, two-thirds of students usually achieve either a commendation or distinction. Naturally, like any course, a small number do fail.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to predict your individual results. There's no way anyone could say. But if your observations are correct, that should be more than enough to pass.
Audrey18
Badges: 21
Report 2 years ago
Name2468

do hang on. we have a few GDL students on this forum who have taken it upon themselves to advise people on the law threads. they'll be reappearing any moment now to assist you.
Name2468
Rep:
?
(Original post by Audrey18)
Name2468

do hang on. we have a few GDL students on this forum who have taken it upon themselves to advise people on the law threads. they'll be reappearing any moment now to assist you.
Ok I’ll wait for them to come up and advise then. I’m a distance learning student so I have not been able to discuss this with any other GDL student and I’m unsure how many people actually fail the exam. When I appeared for my exams, the majority were resitting the exam either second or third time so I’m worried that I have failed also.
Name2468
Rep:
?
(Original post by RV3112)
It's not uncommon to receive a commendation. Roughly, two-thirds of students usually achieve either a commendation or distinction. Naturally, like any course, a small number do fail.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to predict your individual results. There's no way anyone could say. But if your observations are correct, that should be more than enough to pass.
If my answers were very general and if I didn’t apply the law properly, do you think I can pass still?
RV3112
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It's really hard for me to say. The threshold for passing isn't as high as people fear. You won't fail because you merely overlook an issue or two, or you misapply the law in relation to an issue.

That being said, a certain knowledge of the law is required to be displayed to be able to pass. I'm not sure what you mean by very general answers. Problem Questions, for instance, are specifically drafted to examine specific issues. You spot the issues, state and apply the case law and/or legislation to each issue and conclude a likely outcome. If you don't follow this method, you are unlikely to score too highly. Forgetting a few case names is not the end of the world, as long as your answer makes it clear by reference to the facts what case you are referring to.
(Original post by Name2468)
If my answers were very general and if I didn’t apply the law properly, do you think I can pass still?
Last edited by RV3112; 2 years ago
Gdl18
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi i wanna know what is the next step if you fail gdl contract law exam and this is one of the core module from first time How many resits ? How will it affects the diploma?
Is gdl grade or pass matter?

Any info will be much appreciated
Last edited by Gdl18; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads