TIME ZONE QUESTIONS! Would appreciate y'all's help :) Watch

Florent venhari
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
1. Miss Morton is taking a trip to visit her sister in Auckland, New Zealand. Her flight leaves Philadelphia, at 7 AM Friday and is scheduled to take 18 hours. What time (and day!) should she tell her sister to pick her up at the Auckland airport, assuming she needs an extra half hour to de-plane and pick up her bags?

2. Sarah is a bridesmaid in best friend’s wedding in Los Angeles. The wedding is scheduled for 6 PM on Saturday. Sarah’s flight leaves Philadelphia at 1 PM Saturday afternoon and is scheduled to take 6 hours. Assuming it will take her an extra hour to get to the ceremony location from the airport and another hour to get ready, will Sarah be ready for the wedding on time?

I understand how to do them, just want the answers as I can't find them.

I managed to get:

1) She arrives at the airport at 6pm Auckland time and should meet her sis at 6:30

2) She arrives in Los Angeles at 4pm and can make it to the wedding at 6pm (All Los Angeles time)
RDKGames
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Florent venhari)
1. Miss Morton is taking a trip to visit her sister in Auckland, New Zealand. Her flight leaves Philadelphia, at 7 AM Friday and is scheduled to take 18 hours. What time (and day!) should she tell her sister to pick her up at the Auckland airport, assuming she needs an extra half hour to de-plane and pick up her bags?

2. Sarah is a bridesmaid in best friend’s wedding in Los Angeles. The wedding is scheduled for 6 PM on Saturday. Sarah’s flight leaves Philadelphia at 1 PM Saturday afternoon and is scheduled to take 6 hours. Assuming it will take her an extra hour to get to the ceremony location from the airport and another hour to get ready, will Sarah be ready for the wedding on time?

I understand how to do them, just want the answers as I can't find them.

I managed to get:

1) She arrives at the airport at 6pm Auckland time and should meet her sis at 6:30

2) She arrives in Los Angeles at 4pm and can make it to the wedding at 6pm (All Los Angeles time)
1) I had to look up the time difference because the question does not specify this, but yes, 18:30 is the correct Auckland time. Should also mention the day is Saturday.

2) This is correct as well. Again had to look up the time difference.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (141)
18.24%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (78)
10.09%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (132)
17.08%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (110)
14.23%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (76)
9.83%
How can I be the best version of myself? (236)
30.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed