The Student Room Group

Jair Bolsonaro: Far-right candidate wins Brazil poll

Scroll to see replies

Another country lurches to the right and it’s further proof that if it’s a straight forward choice between right and left then the right will be favoured by the majority of a population.
Perhaps the Brazilians can now sort out Venezuela....if we are lucky Corbyn will fly out to Caracas and defend his mates to the death.... if only we were that lucky!
I suspect though he will decide to stay put in his luxury house in Islington, drinking champagne and hurl Marxist abuse at the society that he hates whilst conveniently forgetting that that very society has provided him with the opportunities to obtain such wealth and freedoms
Congratulations Brazilians on your decision
Why are so many people using Trump as a lever to further warp what Jair Bolsonario may have said? The media in the US isn't covering this like with Trump. Here's how I see it, a lot of the media (USA's and foreign media) has a hatred for Trump, by comparing this guy to Trump you are grouping him (Jair Bolsonario) into all the bad press coverage that isn't even fact 1/2 of the time. Also, I see no evidence of him wanting to do the things you are saying he wants to do, at least there are no quotes or anything from him cited in the post. I am open to having a reasonable conversation with anyone willing to, don't just start throwing words like

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending