The Beginner's Guide to Politics Watch

MrDystopia
  • Section Leader
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago

Hello and welcome to the Beginner's Guide to Politics!

This is a thread designed to give some basic, entry level information for someone who has absolutely no idea about politics. In this way, it is hoped that it can provide you with some answers to some of the more common political questions, and can therefore serve as a springboard into the world of politics. They are intended to be brief, and provide the key details necessary to form a simple understanding, enabling you to explore further.

Below you will find links to the various threads, organised by topic depending on what you're interested in. If you would like to have a question answered that isn't covered already, just post and we'll try to get a thread created about it

If you would like to assist in creating a thread for the guide, just let me know

Political parties
Labour
Conservatives
Liberal Democrats
Green
UKIP
SNP
DUP
Sinn Fein
Plaid Cymru

UK political system
What is Parliament and how does it work?
General elections and the voting system

Brexit
History of Brexit
What are the options for Brexit?

Last edited by MrDystopia; 2 months ago
Aloha1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
This is honestly brilliant as more young people need to get involved in politics, wherever they are in the political spectrum. Civil discourse can only be achieved if all have a basic understanding of UK politics. I hope TSR keep it on the "Today on TSR" for as long as possible.
MrDystopia
  • Section Leader
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Aloha1)
This is honestly brilliant as more young people need to get involved in politics, wherever they are in the political spectrum. Civil discourse can only be achieved if all have a basic understanding of UK politics. I hope TSR keep it on the "Today on TSR" for as long as possible.
Thank you for the kind words! I fully agree that educating people early on can only serve our society well going forward when it comes to political discourse
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads