The Official Aston University 2019 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

does Aston has a Muslim majority. that's what the internet said
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by cakemaker
My son has received a conditional offer for BEng, but some of the conditions relate to achieving Distinctions in some BTec modules already completed and he achieved Merits, this is clear on his application. He is predicted Distinction for this years modules. So he has an offer that he already cannot achieve the conditions of?? will the units this year (Further Mathematics for Engineering Technicians, Further Mechanical/Electrical Principles) being achieved at Distinction be enough?.

Hi,

There is some flexibility in our entry requirements. It's very unlikely our admissions team would make an offer that is completely unachievable. However, you can send them an email at [email protected] if your son would like further clarification on his offer.

Hope that helps
Josh
Original post by Aston University
Hi,

There is some flexibility in our entry requirements. It's very unlikely our admissions team would make an offer that is completely unachievable. However, you can send them an email at [email protected] if your son would like further clarification on his offer.

Hope that helps
Josh

Thank you for this, it does seam odd, he has sent an email to the admissions team.
Original post by mohammed263521
I am applying for international business and management at Aston university my predicted grades are D*, D*, D* in business level 3 extended diploma. I have 7 GCSE, C in maths and B in English. The entry requirements for this course is DDD with 5 GCSE and C in both maths and English. What are my chances of getting in. Response ASAP would be appreciated. Thank you.

Hey, did you apply after all? I also applied and received an unconditional offer the other day for this course... let me know how it goes and possibly see you there lol :smile:
Reply 24
hey is there a thread for offer holders for Med? x
Anyone applied for accomodation? Advice on which one to pick for first year and why? I heard James Watt was best for social life but the accom itself looked small, but that's the only one I've seen with my own eyes. I heard William Murdoch is decent size but idk. Also how do I go about applying to a girls only?
Original post by xxxtentacion..
Anyone applied for accomodation? Advice on which one to pick for first year and why? I heard James Watt was best for social life but the accom itself looked small, but that's the only one I've seen with my own eyes. I heard William Murdoch is decent size but idk. Also how do I go about applying to a girls only?

Hi,

Our on campus accommodation is managed by Unite Students, but it's all fairly similar in term of size per building, the main difference is the extra space you get in a five bed flat opposed to a seven bed.

Unite should offer the ability to apply for single sex accomodation when you start your application form. Hope that helps.

Josh
Affordable Student accommodation available at Canalside, close to the city centre! 2 rooms available (out of a 4 bed flat) so is great for 2 friends! Ensuite, 8 mins from campus with a free shuttle bus service, free-on site gym, 24h security and CCTV surveillance. All bills inclusive. Please message for more information.
Is anyone interested to be at Bagot Street ? It is a super nice accomodation which is about 5 min from Aston, and it's £155 a week including all bills with gym. Message me if you're interested.
Anyone applied to study law?
Reply 30
Yeah i have
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone applied to study law?
Hi:smile: I applied for the applied science foundation programme (for chemistry) but was a late applicant so haven’t heard back yet. I was wondering if anyone knows if the entry requirements are subject specific for BTEC? As on the web page it just says DMM but the science foundation year prefer applied science
Hey .I have been accepted as a medical student in Aston 2019 entry. Do any existing students know where I can park everyday for uni?
Can anyone from Aston representatives help me in that please?
Hey .I have been accepted as a medical student in Aston 2019 entry. Do any existing students know where I can park everyday for uni?

@Aston University
Original post by sayyarab

@Aston University

Hi,

Congratulations on your place. Unfortunately we don't have any student carparking on campus. The nearest available parking is at millenium point on Jennens Road. More information should be available here: https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/directory_record/6674/millennium_point_multi-storey_car_park

Hope that helps
Josh
Anyone doing chemistry?
I have applied to Aston for business computing and it and I was predicted Distinction*, Distinction and C but the entry requirements for btec is DDD

While for a levels it is ABB-BBB what’s the chance I’m accepted

Quick Reply

Latest