username2899906
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
On a class test, I got this question wrong:

"In the space below, draw a diagram to show the dipeptide produced when two molecules of glycine are joined together"

As the mark scheme doesn't actually contain a drawing of it, I don't know how it is actually meant to look. Please help!
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
H2N-CH2-CO - NH-CH2-CO2H

Use that to draw the structural formula. You can google Glycine Dipeptide and find it there also.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Goldfish4343)
On a class test, I got this question wrong:

"In the space below, draw a diagram to show the dipeptide produced when two molecules of glycine are joined together"

As the mark scheme doesn't actually contain a drawing of it, I don't know how it is actually meant to look. Please help!
Glycine is the simplest AA. You should know already that a-amino acids consist of a central carbon atom bonded to an NH3 (at physiological pH it exists as NH2+), COOH (again, as COO-), H and a variable group, named R. In Glycine, R = a single hydrogen.

From this information, try drawing out a glycine dipeptide. You know the R group you need - all you need to do is draw the condensation reaction between the two monomers to form the peptide bond.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
38.17%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
9.68%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.45%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (45)
24.19%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.44%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed