I need advise please!

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have been with my boyfriend for 8 years now(1 year living together) We attended a Halloween party this past weekend and almost everyone got drunk. There was a girl who is a fried of a friend. She helped me get in bed after I was drunk and even my boyfriend was there too. My boyfriend went to bed with me and the other girl lays down next to him as well. So my boyfriend was in between us two. Lights went off and I see my boyfriend turning towards her (cuddling position) and from what I remember and saw he was feeling on her. People were walking down the hallway and whenever they would hear someone near they would pretend to be asleep. This went on for about 3-4min. My body froze and couldn't react to it. I now wish I could have confronted both of them at the time but I was too drunk to react. I was not blacked out but couldn't function. Now I decided to split because I have that image in my head and it's driving me crazy. He told me she was being a flirt through the night but he didn't pay attention to it. He blames her for everything. He says why would she lay in bed with us and yes he admits touching her but says it's because human and he reacted like most men would because of the alcohol. He admits it was very wrong. I am so confused right now. My best friend said we should work things out since we have a really good relationship. But I don't know how could you move on with seeing such thing? And by the way he's never out alone. We're either at work or out together. We only drink at parties and that's only like 3x a year.
ScoutLeopard
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I’ve never been in a relationship so I might not be much help. What I would do is talk to both your boyfriend and the other girl expressing your concerns. I agree with your best friend, you should work things out with him and if the other girl doesn’t back off and it concerns you then you need to tell your boyfriend this. He should try and do something about it if he is committed to the relationship.
J xx
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 days ago
hmm really not sure how I would feel about this l, it’s hard because he’s drunk but you were in the bed also why wasn’t he doing that to you? I wouldn’t let him off that easy with it, it’s hard because for me personally I’m very loyal to my boyfriend but when I’m drunk I’m at lot more at ease with people and I don’t think about my actions as much as I would when I’m sober (never cheated) but you know what I mean. I glad he knows he’s wrong. It’s really up to you if this is one thing he’s done that’s made you uncomfortable then I would forgive but not forget, if there’s been occasions like this or messages etc then I would really think about what’s best for you
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by J xx)
hmm really not sure how I would feel about this l, it’s hard because he’s drunk but you were in the bed also why wasn’t he doing that to you? I wouldn’t let him off that easy with it, it’s hard because for me personally I’m very loyal to my boyfriend but when I’m drunk I’m at lot more at ease with people and I don’t think about my actions as much as I would when I’m sober (never cheated) but you know what I mean. I glad he knows he’s wrong. It’s really up to you if this is one thing he’s done that’s made you uncomfortable then I would forgive but not forget, if there’s been occasions like this or messages etc then I would really think about what’s best for you
You know this forum was made 3 years ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (136)
33.66%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.49%
No (109)
26.98%
I'm not sure (52)
12.87%

Watched Threads