The Student Room Group

Student finance

I was meant to receive my student finance on the 10th of September and after two weeks of not receiving it I decided to call them. I was informed that there was a suppression on my account because of returned mail as I moved this year. The person I spoke to said he took it off and that I should see an update in 3-4 days. A week after that and still no update so I decided to call again at which point I was told they were going to refer it and it would take 6 days. I’m posting because I’m unsure why this referral is needed and what it entails.
Original post by JordanBr
I was meant to receive my student finance on the 10th of September and after two weeks of not receiving it I decided to call them. I was informed that there was a suppression on my account because of returned mail as I moved this year. The person I spoke to said he took it off and that I should see an update in 3-4 days. A week after that and still no update so I decided to call again at which point I was told they were going to refer it and it would take 6 days. I’m posting because I’m unsure why this referral is needed and what it entails.

Hi Jordan

From the information you have supplied, it seems like when the suppression was removed the payment did not get unblocked so an adviser referred it to an assessor (which is the 6 working day timescale ) to get re assessed and unblock the payment.

If you log in to your account now, do the payments show as blocked ?

I would advise you to contact SFE via twitter/Facebook or give them a call so an adviser can give you an update on what is happening.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by murpo
Hi Jordan

From the information you have supplied, it seems like when the suppression was removed the payment did not get unblocked so an adviser referred it to an assessor (which is the 6 working day timescale ) to get re assessed and unblock the payment.

If you log in to your account now, do the payments show as blocked ?

I would advise you to contact SFE via twitter/Facebook or give them a call so an adviser can give you an update on what is happening.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks a lot for getting back to me. Right now it just says “awaiting confirmation” which it has been saying for about 6-7 weeks now. Does this reassessment mean that I could possibly not get my finance? I am now very late in paying my rent and I need it as soon as possible.
Thanks a lot for getting back to me. Right now it just says “awaiting confirmation” which it has been saying for about 6-7 weeks now. Does this reassessment mean that I could possibly not get my finance? I am now very late in paying my rent and I need it as soon as possible.

Hi

Awaiting confirmation means that they are awaiting confirmation of your attendance and registration from your university.

You should ask SFE if this is all that is required, if they say yes then speak with your university and ask them to send it over to Student Finance

Hi Jordan,

I would recommend sending us a private message on Facebook or Twitter so we can have a look into your account and advise further.

Kind regards,
Shahrzad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending