Would you consider havin a relationship with no sex? Watch

Canadaboy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by WaffleApple)
Think the basic gist of this thread is: would you be in a relationship that had sex unavailable for the foreseeable future?

6 months is not a big deal. I’ve been with women for 12 months before we’ve had sex. But when the question turns to being in a relationship that is unlikely to include sex for the life of the relationship then no.
Oh, well then in that case probably no? Like atm it doesn't matter to me, as I'm still pretty young and don't think I am currently ready to have sex, but I guess if I were to get into a relationship that I knew would last for YEARS with no sex then I'd say no, I wouldn't do it.
Johndoeskitty
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, sex is important to me since I'm someone with a huge libido. The longest I've gone without sex while dating is like 1 month. If it's someone I'm super in love with I might wait a few months otherwise I'm out.
JokesOnYoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That’s not true at all.

Ask yourself this question. How many 24 year olds would be happy in a relationship that had sex completely off limits? Very few is the answer.

Young people are simply not made to be in non sexual relationships. It’s not healthy in fact it’s not healthy regardless of age.

A healthy relationship involves sex, it’s as simple as that man 🙂
No, what i said is 100% true. Sex is an activity that releases chemicals
WaffleApple
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JokesOnYoo)
No, what i said is 100% true. Sex is an activity that releases chemicals
Yes sex is an activity that releases chemicals.

Now saying that someone is not in the right relationship if they won’t be in that relationship without sex simply isn’t true.

99% of humans have basic requirements. Sex is one of them regardless of if you are in the right relationship or not.

I don’t know of anyone that would consider a relationship at 24, without sex as being the right relationship.
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes sex is an activity that releases chemicals.

Now saying that someone is not in the right relationship if they won’t be in that relationship without sex simply isn’t true.

99% of humans have basic requirements. Sex is one of them regardless of if you are in the right relationship or not.

I don’t know of anyone that would consider a relationship at 24, without sex as being the right relationship.
Its not a requirement. Thats because you haven't met any highly intelligent people. These people are satisfied by affection other that provided by sex
WaffleApple
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its not a requirement. Thats because you haven't met any highly intelligent people. These people are satisfied by affection other that provided by sex
Man, I spend the majority of my time hanging out with people who make between 100 and 700k each year. Are you saying these people are not intelligent?

I think you are missing the point. Just because you would be happy in a relationship that doesn’t include sex, that doesn’t make it normal, healthy or a more loving relationship.

You need to educate yourself on sex and how/why it is encoded so deeply into human nature.

Do you ctually understand what you are saying?

“If you wouldn’t be in a relationship without sex then you are not in the right relationship”

As 99.9% of people wouldn’t commit to a life long relationship that didn’t include sex, does that mean that 99.9% of people are in the wrong relationship?

You fail to see that just because YOU would do that not everyone is you regardless of the partner involved.

How old are you by the way?
Last edited by WaffleApple; 1 month ago
Adezo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Sex is optional. Not everyone in a relationship do have sex although some might decide that’s what they want. But if your relationship is based only on sex then the relationship might not always be genuine. I wouldn’t like to be in a relationship where I meet with my boyfriend but then it always end up with me having sex with him. Or him feeling like I do own him because obviously I don’t. But it’s really about finding people that don’t care about sex too much and, actually want to grow the relationship in different way.
JokesOnYoo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Man, I spend the majority of my time hanging out with people who make between 100 and 700k each year. Are you saying these people are not intelligent?

I think you are missing the point. Just because you would be happy in a relationship that doesn’t include sex, that doesn’t make it normal, healthy or a more loving relationship.

You need to educate yourself on sex and how/why it is encoded so deeply into human nature.

Do you ctually understand what you are saying?

“If you wouldn’t be in a relationship without sex then you are not in the right relationship”

As 99.9% of people wouldn’t commit to a life long relationship that didn’t include sex, does that mean that 99.9% of people are in the wrong relationship?

You fail to see that just because YOU would do that not everyone is you regardless of the partner involved.

How old are you by the way?
No i understand perfectly what im saying.
If you wouldn't be in a relationship without sex then you are not in the right relationship, that is perfectly true.
What happens when your partner for some reason down the line doesnt want to have sex anymore?
Sex helps binds two people together, too much of sex with too many different people turns sex into just an activity releasing chemicals. People learn to neglect their feelings from the activity sex.
I am 23 years old, yourself?
Anonymous #10
Report 1 week ago
I think it depends , if you have a strong enough connection with the person then maybe sex isn’t needed
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Anonymous #11
Report 6 days ago
people who haven't had sex won't understand that this doesn't sound like a good idea. (unless asexual)
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (91)
16.52%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (56)
10.16%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (98)
17.79%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15.25%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
9.8%
How can I be the best version of myself? (168)
30.49%

Watched Threads