The Student Room Group

Foreign qualifications

Taking French in Ireland, the standard we are taught to is much below that of the English A levels, is this something that Oxford will take into account at all? I'm well able to meet their grade requirements for the Irish system, but I'm worried my MLAT score and written work wont be up to scratch
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by vvnunan
Taking French in Ireland, the standard we are taught to is much below that of the English A levels, is this something that Oxford will take into account at all? I'm well able to meet their grade requirements for the Irish system, but I'm worried my MLAT score and written work wont be up to scratch

https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/international-students/international-qualifications?wssl=1

Have you talked to them?

If you get a place, then you can take their advice on what you can do to bridge any gap. You would have all summer.
Original post by vvnunan

The MLAT will be key. If you're passionate about French, you should be able to do your own study and go beyond what you've been taught at school. A placement in France over the summer would be useful, if you have time.

I would encourage you to apply if you meet the entry requirements - it's worth a shot IMO. Bonne chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending