Just converted to Islam, any advice from brothers and sisters?

Watch
katherinecroft
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Since the age of 14 I’ve wanted to take this step, after another 3 years of exploration, on this day, I made the best decision in my life by accepting this faith. I’d like to interact with and hopefully make more friends from the ummah!
Last edited by katherinecroft; 2 years ago
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by katherinecroft)
Since the age of 14 I’ve wanted to take this step, after another 3 years of exploration, on this day, I I made the best decision in my life by accepting this faith. I’d like to interact with and hopefully make more friends from the ummah!
How do you parents feel about this, Katherine? Just out of interest Are they religious too?
007Ruby007
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
wow, are you 17?
007Ruby007
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 007Ruby007)
wow, are you 17?
Ma Sha Allah 💕 Hopefully this new journey ahead of you brings you lots of joy and happiness (in this life and the next) 😊
katherinecroft
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
How do you parents feel about this, Katherine? Just out of interest Are they religious too?
Hey thanks for your comment! My parents are affiliated with the Anglican Church, and are Christian by identity although not through any form of practice/observation.
disgust
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
First rule about Islam; You don't talk about Islam.
Second rule about Islam; You don't talk about Islam
katherinecroft
Rep:
?
wow, are you 17?
Ma Sha Allah 💕 Hopefully this new journey ahead of you brings you lots of joy and happiness (in this life and the next) 😊
Thank you for your warm inviting message!
RichPiana
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You are probably going to get a lot of stick from triggered atheists. Best thing is to ignore them.
katherinecroft
Rep:
?
(Original post by CollectiveSoul)
you need help
Hey, why do you say that?
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hey thanks for your comment! My parents are affiliated with the Anglican Church, and are Christian by identity although not through any form of practice/observation.
Interesting - and how did they feel about your converting to Islam, and all that it entails? I can imagine how I might feel if a daughter of mine chose to be a muslim, but I'm interested to hear your experience of it.
007Ruby007
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you for your warm inviting message!
Same age haha, currently in the uni process, where are you from?
katherinecroft
Rep:
?
(Original post by RichPiana)
You are probably going to get a lot of stick from triggered atheists. Best thing is to ignore them.
Thanks!
katherinecroft
Rep:
?
Same age haha, currently in the uni process, where are you from?
I’m from London, how are you finding uni?
007Ruby007
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m from Manchester, in sixth form atm, hbu?
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
who brainwashed you? a muslim friend? the internet?
FailedMyMocks
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yay! I'm so happy for you.

You have come to the other side!!!

Welcome. Asalaamualaykum sister.
cghhu
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cleverboy1991)
Repent lest you go to hell !

Allah is a dead man who is probably in hell himself.

Jesus chris it the one and only true lord and saviour of us all and every living animal and creature !!
Amen
Tawheed
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Since the age of 14 I’ve wanted to take this step, after another 3 years of exploration, on this day, I I made the best decision in my life by accepting this faith. I’d like to interact with and hopefully make more friends from the ummah!
Asalamualaykum sister,

This is wonderful to hear.

The advice i would personally give is not to lose that which allowed you to come into Islam. I am sure you must have dealt with a lot of propaganda, distortions of what Islam or the Quran teaches, perhaps even recognising that not every Muslim is the best representative of their religion ; a minority may perform acts which put down the majority. You are will on a journey - we all are - for continual prayer for guidance, study, and making our way towards whatever is the closest to truth.

I would like to end with a beautiful quote, attributed to many individuals including Hussain b. Ali, the grandson of the Messenger of Allah (saw):

"What have they found, those who have lost God, and what they lost, those who have found God!"

If you have any questions , feel free to ask them, and i will do my best to answer if i can, or if i can't (for any reason) refer you to a better source.

katherinecroft

Apologies sister, i tend to edit my posts after posting them! Just tagging you again as i didn't post it fully when i submitted.
katherinecroft
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Interesting - and how did they feel about your converting to Islam, and all that it entails? I can imagine how I might feel if a daughter of mine chose to be a muslim, but I'm interested to hear your experience of it.
Thanks for your question! Since I’ve been spending most of my spare time researching Islam, my parents have become quite habitual to my transition as my conversion didn’t mark a sudden change. They’ve been totally accepting which is great, although during the early stages of my interest in the faith, they had their reservations which is totally understandable
007Ruby007
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CollectiveSoul)
who brainwashed you? a muslim friend? the internet?
Why so hateful haha
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
18.03%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (82)
27.89%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (110)
37.41%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (39)
13.27%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.4%

Watched Threads