The Student Room Group

recent grad

So, I recently finished uni this summer and graduated. My third year was difficult so by january time I decided to focus on my studies and didn't go out much because I wanted to do well in my degree. It meant that I missed out on a lot of socials and I do have freinds that I am close to from uni from when I started where we do meet up often since we live in the same city, but, can't help but feel alone at times. I know if I put more effort in maybe things would be different or maybe not. But, I really had to focus on that degree, I did a mathematical one and just wanted it to be over. Any recent grads feel like this? I always log onto social media and see people having the time of their lives, but my experience wasn't the case. I'm grateful for the few close freinds I have, but can't help but wish things were different.
Yeah I was absolutely the same at university and although I have a slightly better relationship with the students on my MSc course just now, it definitely wasn't the way university is portrayed. To be honest, I think a lot of people feel quite let down by the social side of university because their expectations are so high, but I (like I think you did to) definitely didn't see a lot of the social benefits of uni.

Don't feel too disheartened by social media though. No one ever posts "Staying in tonight and feeling a bit isolated and apprehensive about my future... lol.", it's a very slanted view of your friends' real lives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending