The Student Room Group

Canadian universities

Hi, I am a Canadian citizen living in England because my family has a permanent residence due to our family business, but I am looking to apply to Canadian universities. I am a bit nervous, how high are my chances of getting into a Canadian university if I am technically not an international student?
Original post by Jih
Hi, I am a Canadian citizen living in England because my family has a permanent residence due to our family business, but I am looking to apply to Canadian universities. I am a bit nervous, how high are my chances of getting into a Canadian university if I am technically not an international student?

First off this is a UK site. Second, no one can predict chances. You have to apply and see.
Reply 2
Original post by Jih

If you meet the entry requirements for the course then you have as good a chance as anybody.

For example, at Toronto they offer to only about a fifth of their Engineering applicants (which is comparable with Oxbridge). But different courses at different universities have different offer rates.

Screenshot 2018-10-30 at 09.30.26.jpg

https://www.engineering.utoronto.ca/files/2018/09/CHAPTER-1-UNDERGRADUATE-from-AR-2018-MAIN-BOOK1-finalWEB-2.pdf

Which course(s) are you interested in? And what qualifications and grades do you expect to have?

Quick Reply