The Student Room Group

Flatmates called security on me because I refused to turn music down?!

This was around 8/9 pm, my flatmates called security on me and one of my flatmates said she felt threatened by me and she was shaking because she was so scared lol. I own a IMac and I don’t have any speakers so the music wasn’t that loud anyways. Was this an overreaction from my flatmates? Btw my flatmates had a party the night before and invited a lot of people and were making noise but I didn’t report them and I didn’t care because I wanted them to have fun wtf

Scroll to see replies

Your flat mates are moving mad 😂
You have bad flatmates? The kind which are hypocrites
Original post by mansoor02
Your flat mates are moving mad 😂

I know, even the law says you can play loud music from 7am to 11pm. It’s ridiculous
Original post by Professional G
You have bad flatmates? The kind which are hypocrites

Exactly it’s so hypocritical, why can they have parties and have people round but when I play music it’s an issue. Seems very petty
Original post by Astrainlinat
Exactly it’s so hypocritical, why can they have parties and have people round but when I play music it’s an issue. Seems very petty

They had a party too 😂😂. I literally have a flatmate who is a DJ and no body cares. Your flatmates are kinda dumb. I would just play music regardless of what they do
I know, even the law says you can play loud music from 7am to 11pm. It’s ridiculous

Have you confronted dem on this ?
They had a party too 😂😂. I literally have a flatmate who is a DJ and no body cares. Your flatmates are kinda dumb. I would just play music regardless of what they do

I wish I could but the security said he even reported me to the university because of the music, which seems like a huge step for something so little. I have an Imac with no speakers, how is that worth a noise complaint. Am I being silly or?
Original post by mansoor02
Have you confronted dem on this ?

No I haven’t, I have a meeting tomorrow with my flatmates with the accommodation team about it
I wish I could but the security said he even reported me to the university because of the music, which seems like a huge step for something so little. I have an Imac with no speakers, how is that worth a noise complaint. Am I being silly or?

Nah it’s a bit ridiculous. Do you have earphones or anything? Just you don’t have to deal with anymore complaints?
Nah it’s a bit ridiculous. Do you have earphones or anything? Just you don’t have to deal with anymore complaints?

Yes I have earphones but It sucks that I can’t enjoy my music because of a few petty people
From the title I agreed with your flatmate
From the OP I agree with you
Yes I have earphones but It sucks that I can’t enjoy my music because of a few petty people

Forget them. They won’t bother if they can’t hear you. You do you. 😊
Tbf I’ve called security on flatmates for playing music before, but this was at 3am with the kitchen door propped wide open and the music on speakers. Op you’ve done nothing wrong
Forget them. They won’t bother if they can’t hear you. You do you. 😊

I think I should just move flat because at this rate, I feel like they’re going to find something else to complain about
Exactly all my friends have very noisy flatmates and they say their flatmates do the same but they don’t care and their music is way worse. I never play music after 11pm, I always close my door. I don’t have any speakers, everyone can agree that a computer isn’t that loud to make a big disruption and it doesn’t vibrate.
This was around 8/9 pm, my flatmates called security on me and one of my flatmates said she felt threatened by me and she was shaking because she was so scared lol. I own a IMac and I don’t have any speakers so the music wasn’t that loud anyways. Was this an overreaction from my flatmates? Btw my flatmates had a party the night before and invited a lot of people and were making noise but I didn’t report them and I didn’t care because I wanted them to have fun wtf

Depends why she felt threatened, of course.

If you told her you were going to keep the music on, that she's a ****ing sket, and that you'll slap the tits off her if she doesn't **** off -- I would say the flatmate is a good and honourable citizen.
Reply 17

The tone of your post is written as if you've done nothing wrong

However It seems awfully strange that they would call security on you so early at 9pm if they did the same thing with music the night before.
also the shaking out of fear thing seems very strange

tbh, I wonder if you're giving us a completely honest account of events...
Original post by ANM775
The tone of your post is written as if you've done nothing wrong

However It seems awfully strange that they would call security on you so early at 9pm if they did the same thing with music the night before.
also the shaking out of fear thing seems very strange

tbh, I wonder if you're giving us a completely honest account of events...

I’m sure you’d feel the same in a situation like that. They have made me feel like I have done something wrong because why would they tell security on me but the other half of me says I haven’t done anything wrong. I refused to turn it down. It’s not strange when you’re black, white people are always feel threatened by you. In a flat with 5 other people, how can I possibly threaten you? If it was that bad surely security would have ascorted me out if I was dangerous and a threat to that girl don’t you think 🤔
I’m sure you’d feel the same in a situation like that. They have made me feel like I have done something wrong because why would they tell security on me but the other half of me says I haven’t done anything wrong. I refused to turn it down. It’s not strange when you’re black, white people are always feel threatened by you. In a flat with 5 other people, how can I possibly threaten you? If it was that bad surely security would have ascorted me out if I was dangerous and a threat to that girl don’t you think 🤔

Hahaha the race card comes out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending