The Student Room Group

Absolutely no motivation for mocks in a week

Don't know what keeps happening but I have no motivation to study. I have tried everything ie breaking up sessions, thinking of what I want to acheive, reading GCSE horror stories. NOTHING WORKS!!! And on the times where I have tried to revise I start shaking for some reason, even though I am not stressed at all- my body is trying to make me fail! Ive got my mocks in a week and although I revised a bit last week, I feel like I'll forget all of it but the minute I sit down to revise I either shake or completely just lose focus and don't do anything.

HELP!
Help yourself, you either fail and get crap predicted grades or you get decent results and get offers from Sixth Forms and Colleges, stop trying to stop procrastinate, get to work, just do it, exams don’t last, the results do.
Maybe try to arrange some study sessions at lunchtime with your teachers? You might find it easier to focus then :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Oneiropólos
Help yourself, you either fail and get crap predicted grades or you get decent results and get offers from Sixth Forms and Colleges, stop trying to stop procrastinate, get to work, just do it, exams don’t last, the results do.

wooow i good sense of motivaition you carry around
Reply 4
Tbh i think that righnow your minset is at the fact you cant revise and your going to fail and thats what you believe but you need to prepare your self physcially mentally and spirituialy that you can do it and these exams are going to be your success keep having positive thoughts and believe that someday you can make and will make it i struggle sometimes and its about having that positive mindset that you can do it wish you the best of luck
Once a supply teacher told me:

Input = Output

I know.... It sounds very cliche but very true! During my GCSE's I made sure that I revised for the subjects that mean the most to me, like my Computing GCSE. And I would always revise other subjects after I had finished with my Computing. The effort isn't for nothing, the more you revise. The more easier your exams will become.

Its not the end of the world if you fail some of your GCSE's you can always arrange to resit them after Secondary School (although this may cost money).

Make a timetable, buy a new work book, a new pen or buy some highlighters. As I found simple things like this would help me revise as I would want to use my new equipment.

Quick Reply

Latest