sned hlep
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Are courses put on clearing also available for adjustment?
Is there any resource i can check what courses were on clearing previously?
Are the majority of courses from most universities allowing for adjustment (Computer Science is what i want, i don't know if that changes anything)?

I appreciate any replies
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sned hlep)
Are courses put on clearing also available for adjustment?
Is there any resource i can check what courses were on clearing previously?
Are the majority of courses from most universities allowing for adjustment (Computer Science is what i want, i don't know if that changes anything)?

I appreciate any replies
There's no official listings for adjustment. Generally if a course is in clearing it is also in adjustment (plus a couple of universities with their heads up their arses who only allow applications through adjustment and not clearing *cough*UCL*cough* )
UCAS don't allow copies to be made of clearing vacancies from previous years.

If you take the number of "Main Scheme" acceptances here: https://www.ucas.com/file/144401/dow...token=aQ7cMytM away from the "Total" acceptances here: https://www.ucas.com/file/144421/dow...token=bzjIfPV9 Then you can work out how many students a university actually TOOK through clearing in previous years

There's no way to predict which universities/courses will be in Clearing. Even universities don't have a general idea until May/June before results day.

Why are you worrying about clearing/adjustment? Just apply for the courses you want to go to - very few will reject substantial numbers of applicants.
sned hlep
Rep:
?
Haha, thanks for the reply, your method for working out clearing acceptances is super helpful, i really appreciate this reply.

I'm kind of expecting to go into adjustment /clearing since i'm struggling to find a reference, so feel like i will be set back by selecting a poor one.

Again, this reply is insanely helpful to me, i wish i could tell you how much this means to me.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Haha, thanks for the reply, your method for working out clearing acceptances is super helpful, i really appreciate this reply.

I'm kind of expecting to go into adjustment /clearing since i'm struggling to find a reference, so feel like i will be set back by selecting a poor one.

Again, this reply is insanely helpful to me, i wish i could tell you how much this means to me.
You have until January to sort your reference out.

It's possible to apply without a reference if your universities agree to it. Speak to them about the difficulties you're having. A reference is still important for clearing/adjustment.
sned hlep
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
A reference is still important for clearing/adjustment.
Please explain. ;(
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Please explain. ;(
Your reference will still be looked at when you apply through clearing/adjustment.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (7)
50%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (1)
7.14%
No I am happy with my choice (6)
42.86%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads