Turn on thread page Beta

[COMPETITION] Write a Christmas Card for The Rainbow Cards Project! watch

ReputationRep:
    (For Leonie)

Hey, fellow Slytherin!

Have a great holiday season, I hope you attend parties even more lavish than what Slughorn would throw!

Just wanted you to know that there's a whole community looking out for ya, we've got your back. I hope that you can spend your time curled up with hot chocolate and a good book or a musical. Do you like Hamilton? I think it's awesome ~ "Just you waaaait..."

As Ron would say, Happy Christmas!

~L

________________________________ ________________________________ ______________

Yo, Tabbie

Christmas is Claus for celebration!
    Keep safe and warm this holiday season, remember there's people on your side

With love and joy
    ~L

________________________________ ________________________________ __________________

(For Katie 2)

Katie, her wife and the dogs;

Happy Paw-lidays from TSR!
    Sometimes, it is better to spend Christmas home with our furry friends than out with the merrymakers. I hope everything goes well at the dogs shelter, and that you are able to have a safe, warm and loving Christmas time with each other.

Hugs and Kisses (mainly for your dogs, but love to you also!)
    ~L

ReputationRep:
    Hey Love,

Merry Christmas! I'm writing you this card all the way from China, your story has touched my heart and I'm praying for you and you're in my thoughts. Please don't think that you're alone because YOU AREN'T!!! I know that things sometimes get hard but that's life and everybody goes through some sort of struggle whether big or small, but always remember to be brave, have courage and be kind. Your bravery has inspired me to be a better person and I strive everyday to make the most of what I have, don't ever give up on your hopes and dreams and don't let anyone ever get you down because of who you are. You're special and you're loved by a girl all the way across the world who hopes you're having an amazing Christmas knowing that you've overcome struggles through determination and strength. One day you will leave this world behind so take every day as a gift and live a life you will remember Merry Christmas!

With love and a lot of hugs,
    London (but if you're wondering my real name is Eleanor❤️)
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi there lovely person,

May your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter and goodwill.
    And may the year ahead be full of contentment and joy.
    You are valued and loved, even when you don’t feel it.
    Hang on to that truth: you are always valued, you are always loved.

Have a Merry Christmas,

Spirithorse

ReputationRep:
    (for jay - they/them - favourite colour is purple; loves halloween-y things, the spookier the better).

hello, jay!

from a fellow nonbinary halloween and colour purple enthusiast, i wish you a wonderful christmas (even if it is not the spookfest that we adore).
    here is to endless wonderful christmases to come, too!
    have a spectacular, prosperous 2019 and know that i think of you over this coming holiday.

kindly,
    devon from the student room.

ReputationRep:
    Dear Erika,
    You and I are iterally the same. I love pop-punk music (Fall Out Boy and Panic! At The Disco are my favorite bands!) I love photography- for my friends art homework, I always take the photos. And makeup?... Big yes! Wish I owned some more though *sighs*.
    Well, I hope you have a really great Christmas, and I wish we could meet up- I bet we would get along so well!
    Remember, if things ever get hard, just know someone here cares about you. Keep fighting and never give up xx Hope you enjoy Christmas (I do- hate the weather though) and have a brilliant new year. I'll be thinking of you *hugs*
    Love,
    Esme xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, Axel!

Merry Christmas from the stars.

If you're ever sad, just look up to the night's sky and know that underneath those same galaxies there's a whole host of people here to support you.

Have a fantastic holiday season and keep interested in the planets
    ~L

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Eliot,

Hope you're rocking some Christmas-themed hair colour right now! Blue is one of my favourite colours too, and I am a big fan of bright hairstyles.

May your Christmas be quirky, fun and full of hugs
    ~L

ReputationRep:
    Hello there amazing person,
    Merry Christmas 🎄
    I hope that you have fun and enjoy yourself, as “it matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love.”

Keep on believing, as you are not alone,

From TSR and Pip

Merry Christmas 🎄
    Hope you have an amazing time and I want you to know that you are not alone, and we all, the LGBTQ community and TSR, are thinking of you.
    “It takes courage to grow up and be who you really are.”

Have a merry good time,

From TSR and Pip

Merry Christmas 🎄
    I want you to remember -
    “Having a rough day?
    Put you hand on your heart.
    Feel that?
    It’s called purpose.
    You’re here for a reason.
    Don’t give up.”
    I want you to know that you are not alone and we are with you.

Have a Merry Christmas,

From TSR and Pip
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Hey there
    I just wanted to say that I know you're having a hard time, but you inspire me so much! My name is Niamh and i am a 14 year old lesbian and I'm so lucky that my family are supportive but i know not everyone's will be. I really admire your courage and strength and i want to say that even when you feel alone and that no-one will support you i will always be there, even if i can't be there physically. You are so strong and inspiring and if people can't see that it's their loss. You're doing to do great things, just wait.
    I hope you have a good Christmas. I realise that things might be hard and you might feel lost and alone, but as LGBTQ+ people we have a huge community of people just like us who would be willing to support you through everything.
    Celebrate Christmas. Things will get better. Xx

ReputationRep:
    For Sophie (2)

Hi Sophie!
    I hope you're doing well! My name is Niamh and I'm a lesbian. Just wanted to wish you a merry Christmas and let you know that even if you feel like you're alone there are so many people out there that will support you through everything. Also Green Day are the best haha! I love 21 guns. Have you ever seen American Idiot the musical? It's really good. I don't know if you're into musicals though.
    Anyway, tangent over, i hope you have a lovely Christmas!

ReputationRep:
    For Sophie (4)

Hi Sophie!
    My name is Niamh. I hope you're doing well! I wanted to wish you a merry Christmas (also i love the big bang theory so it gives me an opportunity to talk about that haha). My parents always tell me in just like Sheldon which i guess is true - I'm autistic so i have a really good memory.
    I wanted to wish you a merry Christmas and let you know that no matter what happens you are not alone xx

ReputationRep:
    For Anica
    Hey Anica! How are you? My name is Niamh and I wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas. What do you think of Jodie Whittaker as Doctor Who? I think she would be great if Steven Moffat still wrote for the show, it's not really the same with Chibnall. I wasnt really a huge fan of Capaldi though, but I really did like Bill as a companion. Anyway I'm rambling haha. I hope you have a great Christmas and that 2019 it's a great year for you.

ReputationRep:
    For Kayla

Hey Kayla! How are you?
    I love Disney too! What's your favourite movie? Mine's the Hunchback of Notre Dame, the songs and story are incredible. I also really love Hercules. Have you seen them? If not you should definitely watch them!
    I just wanted to wish you a merry Christmas and i hope that 2019 is a good year for you filled with happiness and surrounded by people who care about you!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Hey, lovely person!

I wish you the merriest of Christmases and hope you're able to see the stars shining down on you from where you are. Know that I'll be looking out for them too 💚

Never forget how valued and loved you are. Even if you might not always feel it, we're thinking of and supporting you every step of the way

Chelsea x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    Hey there lovely person,

I hope that your Christmas sparkle with moments of love, laughter and goodwill and that the year ahead will be full of contentment and joy. Remember that you are always valued and loved, even when you don't feel it and hang on to the that truth.

With best wishes,
    CoffeeAndPolitics/JT from The Student Room x

ReputationRep:
    There should be a similar one of these for ex-Muslims who have been disowned by their families and friends. Not for Christmas, just a general one
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by bloomer36)
    There should be a similar one of these for ex-Muslims who have been disowned by their families and friends. Not for Christmas, just a general one
    yes, I think the rainbow project is for ex Muslims and Muslims alike. They do birthday cards. but yes, good idea. they also do general letters.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Just wanted to say well done to shadowdweller who, with your help too, has written to ALL of the 400+ people on the list! It's so sad this many people won't get the love they deserve at this time of year, but thanks to Shadow for helping make their Christmas that bit brighter :heart:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    hello jae,
    i hope you have a wonderful christmas and remember that you are never alone.
    here's to another fabulous year and i hope this christmas is filled with joyous moments for you.

manu x

ReputationRep:
    I hope I'm not too late!

(For Roxanna)

Hello Roxanna!

I know that it can be hard to when you feel alone, like you are isolated from people who are only a few steps away from you, but believe me, everything will be okay. Wait, better than okay - amazing!

Just remember this little quote I keep on my desk: “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”

I hope your Christmas is as special as you, and that you get lots of good Netflix in - I'll be watching that new original Santa movie on Christmas eve, cheesy as it may be, and thinking of you on Christmas day!

Here's to a happy Christmas and a wonder-filled New Year!

Love, Izzie/RainbowParrot from the Student Room (I'd love it if you reached out)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadowdweller)

TSR's Rainbow Cards Christmas Collection

Write a message for the cause, and we'll send it for you!

:party:

Here on TSR, we're running a collection of Christmas and holiday messages for The Rainbow Cards Project. They're a fantastic charity that sends birthday and holiday cards to LGBT+ people who have been disowned by their family, as a way of tackling isolation and loneliness within the community. They run on donations and from cards people write and send in, which they then send on to those who sign up for its services.

So how can you get involved? To get involved in the TSR collection, all you have to do is write a message to either a general recipient, or a named one, and post it in this thread. We'll write the messages up in a card for you, and send it on to The Rainbow Cards Project, who will send it on to it's final destination... that means you can write as many messages as you want, without having to worry about buying cards, or paying for postage! :woo:

If you're writing for a general recipient, start the message with something like 'Hi there' rather than leaving it blank. If you're writing to a named recipient, you can get their first name and their interests from the Rainbow Cards website, and tailor the message to them; you can find the holiday list of named recipients here! For more information and ideas, check out their Writing Guide.

For an additional bonus challenge for this collection, we'll be running a raffle; for each unique card message you post in the thread, you'll get one entry to this thread! Each message has to be different, and they must all be appropriate and positive to count towards your total. At the end of November*, Father Christmas will do a raffle draw, and the winner will receive a special gift! :woo:

Unable to write any messages, but still want to support the cause? The Rainbow Cards Project is still in it's early stages, so if you're able to promote it on Twitter or Facebook, that's a great help too! If you're able to donate, you can also do so here

*If you're wondering why we're collecting quite so early, Rainbow Cards need to receive all cards by December 1st so they have time to send them on to all their wonderful recipients :yep: CoolCavy will be designing them and will post the designs in this thread for you to see once they have been completed
    Hi, sorry I hope I wasn't too late for printing but I just posted my card message above! I really hope she can get her card

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.