username4323858
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,
i was doing some research on environmental management accounting and found the quote below however i am not exactly sure what the quote means would anyone be able to help me understand what the quote means.

“Prevailing approaches to costing certainly ignore many of the indirect consequences of corporate
actions on the environment, but this is something that is increasingly being acknowledged”
(Hopwood, 2009)

thank you
momomo44
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by eb11//)
Hello,
i was doing some research on environmental management accounting and found the quote below however i am not exactly sure what the quote means would anyone be able to help me understand what the quote means.

“Prevailing approaches to costing certainly ignore many of the indirect consequences of corporate
actions on the environment, but this is something that is increasingly being acknowledged”
(Hopwood, 2009)

thank you

…maybe ….rephrase it….

1. The consequences of business actions on the environment occurring indirectly are not taken into account in the usual ways the cost of items is determined. However, this is being recognised more and more….Any better with understanding?
  2. Maybe simplify further: how businesses operates indirectly affects us (the environment) but the way things are priced doesn’t reflect this. pricing does not seem to be influenced. This becoming better known….

I dunno if that helps , i'm not aware of the context this was written….xx

Search on google to, if you haven’t :

https://www.emeraldinsight.com/doi/a...urnalCode=aaaj

........=s.............
Last edited by momomo44; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (98)
61.64%
No (61)
38.36%

Watched Threads