Turn on thread page Beta

Official UCL 2019/20 Postgraduate Applicants Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, its been a little more than a month since applications opened. I thought we could share a little about ourself and our course. Also, we can help each other out with queries and the application timeline.

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for Social Research Methods, and Cognitive and Decision Sciences.

As my goal is doctoral study, the methods course would give me needed methodological practice, whilst the cognitive course gives me the chance to try combining psychology with politics. Skills versus inspiration!

References were confirmed on the 17th of October, so two weeks down!

ReputationRep:
    I applied on 10th, its been three weeks but nothing yet. I have applied for MSc Economics and Policy of Energy and the Environment

I think within one week, I will have an answer from them.

ReputationRep:
    I applied for the MSc Management and my application just got processed a few hours ago. Anyone else applying for the same programme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeartnSoul)
    I applied for the MSc Management and my application just got processed a few hours ago. Anyone else applying for the same programme?
    What do you mean by 'processed'?

Both of my references were completed last week, for Computer Science. Based on some of last years thread I expect to hear back after 6 weeks.

Anyone know the different tracker stages?

ReputationRep:
    Hi folks,

I've applied to Psychological Sciences and my references were confirmed shortly after.

Anyone else applying (have applied) to the same course or another course in psychology?

Cheers,

Potato

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kits)

Both of my references were completed last week, for Computer Science. Based on some of last years thread I expect to hear back after 6 weeks.

Oh, by processed I meant them acknowledging payment and sending out reference emails.

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I've applied for MSc Environment, Politics and Society on 14th Oct, and received a conditional offer on 25th Oct. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kits)

For me, it was "Application is being initially assessed" -> "Currently being processed by admissions" -> Offer

Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by necolleshinori)
    For me, it was "Application is being initially assessed" -> "Currently being processed by admissions" -> Offer

Hope this helps!
    Thanks it does, and congrats! How long did it take from submission of your references?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kits)
    Thanks it does, and congrats! How long did it take from submission of your references?
    Thank you The second reference was submitted on 22nd Oct, so I received the offer about 4 days later.

ReputationRep:
    wow man

thats super

what are they asking for
    Hello! I've applied for MSc Environment, Politics and Society on 14th Oct, and received a conditional offer on 25th Oct. If you guys have any questions feel free to ask me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankursharma)
    wow man

thats super

what are they asking for
    Do you mean the grades required in the offer or the application process?

ReputationRep:
    grade

is it a 2:1 or a first class ?

Do you mean the grades required in the offer or the application process?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ankursharma)
    grade

is it a 2:1 or a first class ?
    2:1 for me! But I think it can vary depending on the course you're applying for.

ReputationRep:
    2:1 for me! But I think it can vary depending on the course you're applying for.
    Congratulations on such an early offer; you must feel chuffed!

What is your background: university, course, grades so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Just a Bloke)
    Congratulations on such an early offer; you must feel chuffed!

What is your background: university, course, grades so far?
    Thanks! Yea was pretty excited

I'm an international student studying in a singaporean uni, currently doing geography. So far I'm at a 2:1, so hopefully it stays that way when I graduate!

ReputationRep:
    Congrats on your offer! I am currently studying in Singapore as well!! Fingers crossed for my application for MSc in Child and Adolescent Mental Health, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachelorlim)
    Congrats on your offer! I am currently studying in Singapore as well!! Fingers crossed for my application for MSc in Child and Adolescent Mental Health, anyone else?
    Thank you! Oh hey there Good luck for your application

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I just got a video interview invitation of telecommunication and business but don’t know what and how to prepare for it .Is there anyone applying the same program or have the same experience ? I would be really grateful if you could share some information about the questions you’ve met during the interview or some advice about it.
    Thank you very much !

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.