The Student Room Group

Official UCL 2019/20 Postgraduate Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by effortboy
Week 8 is coming for me lol, I have no feeling anymore

I think before the holidays, they will clear all their work
Week 8 is coming for me lol, I have no feeling anymore

That's painful. I have my fingers crossed that you hear back this week!
Reply 62
Out of curiosity how much do you think departments weight work experience if at all? I have very strong placements/interships but they're related to my undergrad subject (chem eng) rather than the Master's I'm applying for (comp sci). I wonder if they'll care.
Original post by Kits
Out of curiosity how much do you think departments weight work experience if at all? I have very strong placements/interships but they're related to my undergrad subject (chem eng) rather than the Master's I'm applying for (comp sci). I wonder if they'll care.

I'm interested in this too.

They will definitely care, but not sure how much they would weight it in the selection process.
Original post by Just a Bloke
That's painful. I have my fingers crossed that you hear back this week!

i hope so!
Original post by ankursharma
I think before the holidays, they will clear all their work

hopufully :s-smilie:
Reply 66
Hi There!

I just had my Skype interview for the PhD program in Law with my prospective supervisors.
I'm not sure if I should write them a thank you note. I live in the US, and here it is expected to write thank you note for pretty much everything. especially for an interview.
But I don't know what is expected in the UK.

What do you think?
Original post by fani_k
Hi There!

I just had my Skype interview for the PhD program in Law with my prospective supervisors.
I'm not sure if I should write them a thank you note. I live in the US, and here it is expected to write thank you note for pretty much everything. especially for an interview.
But I don't know what is expected in the UK.

What do you think?

Hi, another clueless student from the US here. I suggest you write the thank-you note anw. Over-doing is better than under-doing haha.
Reply 68
I'm just wondering: will it be late to submit applications until mid Jan? Will my chances be smaller if i do so?

I'm planning to apply to MSc social cognition and MSc behavioral change.
Reply 69
Original post by Elsied
I'm just wondering: will it be late to submit applications until mid Jan? Will my chances be smaller if i do so?

I'm planning to apply to MSc social cognition and MSc behavioral change.

It depends, have you contacted the department regarding how many students they take every year and how many apply to the programme?
Reply 70
Anyone applying for MSc Business Analytics? Still drafting my PS...
Guys, any update for your offers, it been 9 weeks now lol, no changes of my status
Guys, any update for your offers, it been 9 weeks now lol, no changes of my status

It's been six weeks for me now. When I spoke with somebody in the admissions office three weeks ago to confirm my application was well received, he said I would receive a decision by this week. I guess we'll see. On this forum, it seems like people are not getting answers in their six week target.
Reply 73
My last rec was in on 27 Oct for MSc in Economics, and I haven't heard anything either. It's been 6 weeks..
Got rejected today from MSc Economics, submitted my application on November 1st and my referees uploaded their recommendations by November 9th. I didn't have much expectations because I was applying for a "career change" (I'm an industrial engineer). Best of luck for all of you!
Reply 75

Same here, I called them last week and they told me a decision will be made before Christmas... I'm expecting the outcome in January at this point XD
Hi all! I applied for MA Comparative Education on 9/11 (with my second reference letter submitted on 13/11), and just received a conditional offer on 6/12.
Hi! Is anyone applying to MRes/PhD in Management? Also, I didn't receive any confirmation email after submitting my application nor can I check the status!:s-smilie:
Reply 78
Hello everyone!
I am Swaetha from India. I have applied to MSc Astrophysics at UCL. My application was sent and received along with the references and payment on 16th October,2018. It’s been almost 7 weeks and my status on portico is still on “Application under Assessment.”
I called them yesterday and they basically read out the same thing.
Anybody has any idea on when UCL might give out their decision?
(I highly doubt there is an Astrophysics applicant here. I’m hoping there is.)
Hi, does anyone know when accommodation bookings open for 2019/20 ???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending