The Student Room Group

Official UCL 2019/20 Postgraduate Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Man, that is cold!! They should have sent out rejections as soon as they hit their admissions limit rather than keeping quiet. I have an offer (unconditional) from University of York and the deadline to accept the offer is looming. I can not decide because I have not got a decision on my application from UCL. I think they should inform applicants as soon as possible of their decision, good or bad and not leave it for the applicants to find out.
Reply 981
Original post by dwice1
Man, that is cold!! They should have sent out rejections as soon as they hit their admissions limit rather than keeping quiet. I have an offer (unconditional) from University of York and the deadline to accept the offer is looming. I can not decide because I have not got a decision on my application from UCL. I think they should inform applicants as soon as possible of their decision, good or bad and not leave it for the applicants to find out.

Did you guys all apply for DSML? Just curious.
Reply 982
I don’t think so. They’ll review that by the end of this week.
Original post by Demond
In that case, I guess they have made a decision, and we expect to get results tomorrow (likely to be a rejection for me). It is a little bit disappointing to hear that after such a long period of waiting.
Reply 983
Original post by Nefand
They told me that they’ve reached the maximum and are not willing to make any offers at the moment.

Would this also be the case for the MSc in ML? I am still waiting to hear back for that program.
Original post by Demond
Did you guys all apply for DSML? Just curious.

Yupp! Applied for DSML on 10th June
Reply 985
Original post by Nefand
I don’t think so. They’ll review that by the end of this week.

Why did you say that? Didn't you just say that they have decided to not give offer anymore?
Reply 986
Original post by Jayden Oh
Yupp! Applied for DSML on 10th June

Hey man, your situation is much better than me. I applied at the end of December 2018. :frown:
Reply 987
I don’t know.
Original post by jlman
Would this also be the case for the MSc in ML? I am still waiting to hear back for that program.

Not willing to give offers at the moment. It will be reviewed by the end of next week. However, if they’re not willing to give offers now then why would they be in 3 days??
Original post by Demond
Why did you say that? Didn't you just say that they have decided to not give offer anymore?
Reply 988
Original post by Nefand
I don’t know.

Not willing to give offers at the moment. It will be reviewed by the end of next week. However, if they’re not willing to give offers now then why would they be in 3 days??

It's a little bit weird, but what I can say is that when I phoned the teaching administrator yesterday, he was pretty sure that the results should come out on Wednesday, let's just pray and wait for tomorrow.
Reply 989
Called now for CSML, still no news.

Hard deadline given was 23rd of August.
Reply 990
Original post by savvaz

That's it - no more waiting - that's it...
Reply 991
Original post by Demond

The wait is torture
That's insane! What about international students? they need time to get visas!
Reply 993
Original post by Demond

Same here, I’m done. That’s no respect for prospective students.
Reply 994
Original post by Nefand
Same here, I’m done. That’s no respect for prospective students.

totally agree
Reply 995
Original post by pulitzer
That's insane! What about international students? they need time to get visas!

not only that. some like myself are holding full time employment. we need time to give termination notice!
Original post by TR_123
not only that. some like myself are holding full time employment. we need time to give termination notice!

I'm in exactly the same position. Stressing me out!

I called the admissions tutor and he said he was expecting decisions to come in yesterday but he didn't receive any. He may receive some today but obviously there can be a delay for upload to portal. So best to call next week.

Will have to keep it out of mind for another week then.
Reply 997
Original post by Srthello
I'm in exactly the same position. Stressing me out!

I called the admissions tutor and he said he was expecting decisions to come in yesterday but he didn't receive any. He may receive some today but obviously there can be a delay for upload to portal. So best to call next week.

Will have to keep it out of mind for another week then.

Which course did you apply in? I did for CSML
Original post by savvaz
Which course did you apply in? I did for CSML

DSML
Original post by savvaz

This is insane! Are they trying to force international students to withdraw our application?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending