The Student Room Group

Official UCL 2019/20 Postgraduate Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by posthumus
Have you heard back yet ? :smile:

No, and I applied right after they opened.
Original post by dj6
No, and I applied right after they opened.

Oh good lord :frown::frown:
Reply 162
Do you know if there is a chance that if they do not accept you for CSML, they may offer a different Machine Learning or Data Science course?

Or at least would they consider you for other course too.

To be honest, I don't know, but I doubt it.

You could email UCL and ask. Also, you can apply to more than one programme. You can apply to CSML and ML.
Hey! I applied for MSc Computational Finance. My application was complete (references and payment) on the 28th of November so it as been more than 6 working weeks.

On the portal, my application is still on the "Application under assessment" even though when I called last Tuesday, they said that the department has already made a decision on my application and I should receive updates early this week. Shouldn't my application have changed to "Application is being processed by admissions" or something?

Anyone else applied for the same course? Have you got a response yet?
Reply 164
I have an offer for PhD History - received it this morning!! Still waiting to hear about funding. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear!
Original post by jbo123
I have an offer for PhD History - received it this morning!! Still waiting to hear about funding. Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Congratulations! :smile:

May I asked how long you had to wait for the decision? Have you studied at UCL before?
Reply 166
Original post by pandore_
Congratulations! :smile:

May I asked how long you had to wait for the decision? Have you studied at UCL before?

Thank you so much! I applied at the beginning of December, so it's been 6 weeks! I haven't studied at UCL before, so really excited! Waiting to hear back from a few other unis now.
Original post by jbo123

Hi! I have an offer for PhD history as well. Are you an overseas candidate? Did you get nominated for the scholarships?
Hi I would like to apply for MSc Audiology with clinical placements just wanted to ask how your interview went and if you have received an offer?
I encountered a strange situation yesterday :frown: my application hit 7 weeks so I decided to call the department’s admissions office to see if there had been an update on my application. The lady on the phone informed me that I had been recommended for an offer and should hear back from admissions within the next 2 weeks once this is final. However she then informed me she must have misread and my application is still under assessment. I am so confused and experienced a horrible rollercoaster of emotions in just under 5 mins. Has this ever happened to anyone before ?
Hi, anyone else applied for MSc International Public Policy?
Original post by pinkunoina

I also applied for it but still got no reply, though I just finished my application in the early January.
Reply 172
I just received an unconditional offer from the UCL IOE today after waiting for a month. However, when I clicked the offer letter, the page doesn't show anything. Has anyone encountered this similar problem before? Thanks.
Anyone here applied specifically to "MSc Computational Statistics and Machine Learning" ?

I almost did, but I went for MSc in Machine Learning because the maths requirements for CSML were too high for my CS degree.
Original post by jl417
I just received an unconditional offer from the UCL IOE today after waiting for a month. However, when I clicked the offer letter, the page doesn't show anything. Has anyone encountered this similar problem before? Thanks.

Took 3 days for me to see the offer on the section as well. You’re not alone!

Original post by wkt0703
I also applied for it but still got no reply, though I just finished my application in the early January.

I applied too but in mid-Jan so no response yet. I guess I have to wait another month or so.
Original post by batter mix
I applied too but in mid-Jan so no response yet. I guess I have to wait another month or so.

I applied in mid-December but my last reference was sent in during the break. Hopefully i will hear back soon.
(edited 5 years ago)
I applied in mid-December but my last reference was sent in during the break. Hopefully i will hear back soon.

My referees were quite nice about that. my references were sent within 2 days after submitting the application. I know I won't hear anything until late Feb/early March but i am still neurotically checking my portal and email. I really need to get my ass off internet.
My application for Msc Clinical Neuroscience just went through, did anyone else apply???
Original post by mario.am
Hey! I applied for MSc Computational Finance. My application was complete (references and payment) on the 28th of November so it as been more than 6 working weeks.

On the portal, my application is still on the "Application under assessment" even though when I called last Tuesday, they said that the department has already made a decision on my application and I should receive updates early this week. Shouldn't my application have changed to "Application is being processed by admissions" or something?

Anyone else applied for the same course? Have you got a response yet?

Congratulations on your offer!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending