Design Technology NEA

Watch this thread
AlexP284
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've started my coursework for year 11 DT, we have to pick three themes and create a product to expand on these themes, the theme I chose is Travelling so I have to create a product which people can use that will help them travel, eg suitcase or a backpack, the main problem is the product has to be made out of wood but it can have some plastic areas ( obviously i can't make a wooden backpack) the product also has to be unique,original , and have it's own creative ideas. My main issue is I can't think of a product which has these properties, I don't just want to make a wooden suitcase or something like that because it's not very original and a suitcase is pretty much just a slab that has wheels on it so i wont get any creative points, I need some suggestions for my NEA as I am confused on what to do.
Thank you.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
i've moved this to design and tech for you where you should be able to get a response from someone who knows about this stuff
Quadrinomial
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AlexP284)
I've started my coursework for year 11 DT, we have to pick three themes and create a product to expand on these themes, the theme I chose is Travelling so I have to create a product which people can use that will help them travel, eg suitcase or a backpack, the main problem is the product has to be made out of wood but it can have some plastic areas ( obviously i can't make a wooden backpack) the product also has to be unique,original , and have it's own creative ideas. My main issue is I can't think of a product which has these properties, I don't just want to make a wooden suitcase or something like that because it's not very original and a suitcase is pretty much just a slab that has wheels on it so i wont get any creative points, I need some suggestions for my NEA as I am confused on what to do.
Thank you.
Hi I'm in year 11 as well and have finished about 3/5 of the coursework but i think i have a different board to you - ocr

Remember it's just a product to help for travelling so it could be to do with comfort like a head rest or special pillow idk. Or you could do something that attaches to a suitcase to help pulling or carrying it easier. It can be simple as long as you show your progress and development well with a ton of pictures, testing and client feedback. Why does the product have to be made out of wood??

Hope this helps

DT is taking me a lot of time meaning there isn't much time for other subjects and dt isn't even a core subject. We submit our coursework at the start of january so I can start revising then for other subjects. Make sure you stay on top of your coursework and try not to fall behind or it will become really stressful and time-pressured.

Anyways, good luck!
Last edited by Incede; 3 years ago
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Travelling items aren't just rucksacks or suitcases :nah: try to be a bit more inventive, e.g you could make something like a high end luggage tag or some sort of table attachment for a train or plane
AlexP284
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Travelling items aren't just rucksacks or suitcases :nah: try to be a bit more inventive, e.g you could make something like a high end luggage tag or some sort of table attachment for a train or plane
Thanks for your input!
christyg2403
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
atta
(Original post by AlexP284)
Thank you.
Hey you might have already come up with an idea but if your still strugglings why not a seat that can attatch to a suitcase or a fold up pram with a suitcase attatched or something x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (25)
18.94%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (15)
11.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
7.58%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (22)
16.67%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (34)
25.76%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (26)
19.7%

Watched Threads