K_lawal
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What’s A level history like? Is it similar to GCSE (in content)?
Obviously i’m aware it’ll be harder but what are the topics?
(AQA)
victoriu
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am in year 12 and just started A LEVEL History it is difficult but I feel the only thing that changes is how much more they want in terms of essay structure.It is probably my favourite subject and I think you should give it a go. About the topics it depends what your school chooses to teach you.
K_lawal
Rep:
?
(Original post by victoriu)
I am in year 12 and just started A LEVEL History it is difficult but I feel the only thing that changes is how much more they want in terms of essay structure.It is probably my favourite subject and I think you should give it a go. About the topics it depends what your school chooses to teach you.
Yeah i expected the difficulty but i don’t mind it.
HistoryPegs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by K_lawal)
What’s A level history like? Is it similar to GCSE (in content)?
Obviously i’m aware it’ll be harder but what are the topics?
(AQA)
I am a year 13 and A Level history is one of my favourite subjects ever. In my school we chose to do 'The Making of Modern Britain 1951-2007' and 'The Quest for Political Stability: Germany 1871-1991', I can honestly say the subjects have made me more politically aware and it is reflecting in my essays. The biggest change I would say is how much factual knowledge you have to know in order to get a high mark, I'm talking statistics like the amount of people evoking their right to vote at a specific election. It's a lot harder but if you stay ontop of everything and are prepared to read ahead and have a strong opinion then you will succeed.
K_lawal
Rep:
?
(Original post by HistoryPegs)
I am a year 13 and A Level history is one of my favourite subjects ever. In my school we chose to do 'The Making of Modern Britain 1951-2007' and 'The Quest for Political Stability: Germany 1871-1991', I can honestly say the subjects have made me more politically aware and it is reflecting in my essays. The biggest change I would say is how much factual knowledge you have to know in order to get a high mark, I'm talking statistics like the amount of people evoking their right to vote at a specific election. It's a lot harder but if you stay ontop of everything and are prepared to read ahead and have a strong opinion then you will succeed.
Thanks!
How come i need to have an opinion (not that i’m opposed) it’s just that at gcse, i don’t really project opinions into my answers. Should i be?
HistoryPegs
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by K_lawal)
Thanks!
How come i need to have an opinion (not that i’m opposed) it’s just that at gcse, i don’t really project opinions into my answers. Should i be?
In GCSE, from what I can remember, you just need to ensure that you are balanced and come to a conclusion overall. This is similar to A level but you just need to make sure you show your opinion off a little more. This is mostly done mostly through a slight change in structure. It's needed because it shows the examiner that you engage with the question fully, don't worry about it too much now - that is for A level.
K_lawal
Rep:
?
(Original post by HistoryPegs)
In GCSE, from what I can remember, you just need to ensure that you are balanced and come to a conclusion overall. This is similar to A level but you just need to make sure you show your opinion off a little more. This is mostly done mostly through a slight change in structure. It's needed because it shows the examiner that you engage with the question fully, don't worry about it too much now - that is for A level.
Oh right thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bishop Grosseteste University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 15 Nov '19
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (15)
68.18%
No (7)
31.82%

Watched Threads