What makes cognitive psychology important?

Watch this thread
teeee0
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
opinions please, need help with my personal statement
medicmae
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I guess it helps with understanding how people process and percieve information. So if you wanted to help somebody with difficulties in information processing (such as people who may struggle reading emotions and such), then you could use cognitive psychology to help improve information and convey it in a way that the individual will understand better. I think an example I read was some kind of education course in young children who struggled reading and understanding emotional cues - it helped them to recognise how and when to respond to certain social cues and such. Sorry if this wasn't much help, cognitive psychology is a tough one!
teeee0
Rep:
(Original post by Possumface)
I guess it helps with understanding how people process and percieve information. So if you wanted to help somebody with difficulties in information processing (such as people who may struggle reading emotions and such), then you could use cognitive psychology to help improve information and convey it in a way that the individual will understand better. I think an example I read was some kind of education course in young children who struggled reading and understanding emotional cues - it helped them to recognise how and when to respond to certain social cues and such. Sorry if this wasn't much help, cognitive psychology is a tough one!
this was very helpful thank you so much i just need to think of a catchy sentence for a paragraph where i talk about why it is important
medicmae
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Tkkkkk16)
this was very helpful thank you so much i just need to think of a catchy sentence for a paragraph where i talk about why it is important
Glad I could help! Are you planning on doing psychology at university?
teeee0
Rep:
yes hopefully
(Original post by Possumface)
Glad I could help! Are you planning on doing psychology at university?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (54)
16.36%
The paper was reasonable (164)
49.7%
Not feeling great about that exam... (80)
24.24%
It was TERRIBLE (32)
9.7%

Watched Threads