The Student Room Group

I dont feel the same way about my girlfriend

We have been together for about a year and a half now. I know she loves me and wants nothing but me, but I dont feel the same way. My love for her has faded, shes perfect, smart, nice, kind, and funny but I just dont feel it anymore between us. She means a lot to me, but Not enough to the point I should be with her for more time. I am her first ever BF and i dont want to break her heart. But I just dont feel the spark anymore. And sometimes seeing her is more because I have to then because I actually want too. I am also always busy working about 6-7 days a week(2jobs) plus school mon-fri in the mornings. To visit her at her college is an hour drive, and I feel like all my days off I need to go see her, when i reality i would like to stay home. I dont want to hurt her terribly, I just dont know what to do or say. Please help
Just be honest with her, it's the best thing to do always, this way you don't waste your time or her time and the longest you wait the more it will hurt her.
If you really love her tell her the truth and how you feel . Being busy with 2 jobs and also school is very stressfuland you will be even more stressed by tryiing to keep your gf happy by staying with her...yes you can possibly be friends if the bond is really strong and always check up on her just be honest on how you feel about the relationship and during your days off just chill and rest and relieve your mind and body
Reply 3
I’ve been in a similar situation before and it’s nauseating... always felt sick and guilty but ultimately there’s nothing that can be done about it other than being honest with her. It sounds like you two have a very healthy relationship and could still be great friends! I think you need to speak to her, face to face and explain what’s happened. Don’t make it out to be her fault, explain how your feelings have just started to dwindle and that you think you’d be happier together as just friends. A boyfriend / girlfriend relationship is a lot of work and whilst there’s no way of avoiding her being upset when you do break up, think about all the pain you’re avoiding for both her and yourself. The longer you leave this the harder it’ll get, and if she finds out you’ve felt this way for a long time she’ll feel awful. This isn’t the end of the world remember, you’ll both survive this (even with lots of crying).Good luck friend!!
Reply 4
Original post by Guzziandrew
We have been together for about a year and a half now. I know she loves me and wants nothing but me, but I dont feel the same way. My love for her has faded, shes perfect, smart, nice, kind, and funny but I just dont feel it anymore between us. She means a lot to me, but Not enough to the point I should be with her for more time. I am her first ever BF and i dont want to break her heart. But I just dont feel the spark anymore. And sometimes seeing her is more because I have to then because I actually want too. I am also always busy working about 6-7 days a week(2jobs) plus school mon-fri in the mornings. To visit her at her college is an hour drive, and I feel like all my days off I need to go see her, when i reality i would like to stay home. I dont want to hurt her terribly, I just dont know what to do or say. Please help

Stringing her along is way worse than letting her go. What would you want, to be loving someone who you don't know doesn't love you? Nobody would want to live a lie like that. Tell her.
Original post by Guzziandrew

This is difficult but it seem that you are a nice guy so I'm sure you will be able to break up with some tact. If I were you I would explain exactly how you feel to her, show some vulnerability so she can see it's something you've seriously thought about. Nothing worse that a partner who comes across like they don't care when they break up. Make it more of a mutual decision too rather than you breaking up with her, so that way it won't hurt as much. Explain how you feel then discuss what the options are but steer it towards breaking up and hopefully she will agree with you as she will want you to be happy. If she loves you as much as you say then it will be hard, there will be tears and I imagine she will try to convince you not to break up so be patient and take your time no matter how hard it is. Do not rush or it will end badly. That way the end of her first love won't be such a horrid experience.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending