Am I able to get student finance again if I quit?

Watch
theoallen
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi there,

3 years ago I embarked on a distance learning degree with the Univeristy of London. Due to a number of unexpected circumstances I had to quit the degree last year as I didn’t have enough time.

I have now been given an opportunity you to study a different distance learning degree, with University College London, and have adjusted my life to give me more time to complete it.

My question is, am I now not eligible for student finance? My first degree only ended up being £1500 in finance, so not sure if I am entitled to any more or not? The degree I want to do now wil cost £15000 over the 3 years!

If I can’t get it. What are my other options?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
priisiux
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes you can always sign up for student finamce again, if not the school that you are attending may have some bursary offers that can help you with your journey throughout uni. There are always other options available for you.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by theoallen)
Hi there,

3 years ago I embarked on a distance learning degree with the Univeristy of London. Due to a number of unexpected circumstances I had to quit the degree last year as I didn’t have enough time.

I have now been given an opportunity you to study a different distance learning degree, with University College London, and have adjusted my life to give me more time to complete it.

My question is, am I now not eligible for student finance? My first degree only ended up being £1500 in finance, so not sure if I am entitled to any more or not? The degree I want to do now wil cost £15000 over the 3 years!

If I can’t get it. What are my other options?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
How many years (full or part) did you study for? This is the crucial part as eligibilty for student finance is length of degree plus one. So if you previously studied for one year you can get full funding for all years of a new degree. If you previously studied for two years you can get full funding for the last two years of a three year degree or last three years of a four year degree and you have to self fund the first year. And so on. There are 'exception courses' these are the allied health degrees e.g. nursing and part time STEM degrees.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (81)
38.21%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (23)
10.85%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (15)
7.08%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (51)
24.06%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (26)
12.26%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
7.55%

Watched Threads