The Student Room Group

Cie igcse 0580/42 oct/nov 2018

anyone else did the o/n 2018 math paper?? how was it? personally i found it very hard :// especially that walker and runner question, not to mention the one with water flowing and hectares! also the vectors were tricky :/ im bumped there were no sequence questions.. and there wasnt much geometry!
Original post by sanrises
anyone else did the o/n 2018 math paper?? how was it? personally i found it very hard :// especially that walker and runner question, not to mention the one with water flowing and hectares! also the vectors were tricky :/ im bumped there were no sequence questions.. and there wasnt much geometry!

the walker runner one was really hard I still don't know what we were supposed to do. Yeah, I messed up the whole water flowing Q and the one about spheres well (with ratio 1:2). That simultaneous equations with matrices was also tricky but I managed to solve it. Hopefully, 22 makes up for it cause it was really easy.
Reply 2
Original post by rentenmark
the walker runner one was really hard I still don't know what we were supposed to do. Yeah, I messed up the whole water flowing Q and the one about spheres well (with ratio 1:2). That simultaneous equations with matrices was also tricky but I managed to solve it. Hopefully, 22 makes up for it cause it was really easy.

the 1:2 was all about proportion and i hope i got it,, at least get some working out marks hopefully . i only got stuck on the last walker runner one but i just found the difference ij distance between the two, hopefully its right the water flowing one however i totally didjt understand. is this the hardest paper 4 uve done?? it is for me. i saw that one of the lowest boundaries was 159 for A* ! and the paper for that threshold was relatively easy compared to the paper 4 we did. so im just hoping! and yes paper 2 was easy so that gives more hope!
the 1:2 was all about proportion and i hope i got it,, at least get some working out marks hopefully . i only got stuck on the last walker runner one but i just found the difference ij distance between the two, hopefully its right the water flowing one however i totally didjt understand. is this the hardest paper 4 uve done?? it is for me. i saw that one of the lowest boundaries was 159 for A* ! and the paper for that threshold was relatively easy compared to the paper 4 we did. so im just hoping! and yes paper 2 was easy so that gives more hope!

Right I wanted to find the difference between the 2 but we only had 1 value - 10. I didn't know how to find the other section because then I could've found the difference in distance! I've done so many paper 4s and I think that was my hardest; but idk if you've noticed but boundaries for our variant are significantly higher than 1 or 3 even tho the papers usually are basically the same level.
Reply 4
Right I wanted to find the difference between the 2 but we only had 1 value - 10. I didn't know how to find the other section because then I could've found the difference in distance! I've done so many paper 4s and I think that was my hardest; but idk if you've noticed but boundaries for our variant are significantly higher than 1 or 3 even tho the papers usually are basically the same level.

well, for the boundary i mentioned of 159 for A* , the rest were higher, (170,, for A*) so yeah! i agree hardest paper yet! now i think about the runner walker thing i might be done the last question wrong rip

I found it very hard too. Not only me but my friends too. I really hope that gt is lower. In many questions, the answer I got was easy but the marks was high. How did you feel about the question 1 about increase in water level?

I actually calculated the distance covered by walker and subtracted from the distance covered by the runner. I really guess that this paper's grades would be lower.
Reply 7
Original post by Mobileworm
I actually calculated the distance covered by walker and subtracted from the distance covered by the runner. I really guess that this paper's grades would be lower.

i did that too!!
Reply 8
I found it very hard too. Not only me but my friends too. I really hope that gt is lower. In many questions, the answer I got was easy but the marks was high. How did you feel about the question 1 about increase in water level?

i think question 1 was percentages and stuff so i didnt think much of it
Reply 9

whatd did u guys think about the cone and sphere with ratio 1:2? i rmb final answer was 2 but ;
whatd did u guys think about the cone and sphere with ratio 1:2? i rmb final answer was 2 but ;

I don't remember my answer but I actually didn't mind about the ratio and used similarity concept. But I am not sure if I am correct
Reply 11
what did u guys get ! I got an A (89%)
Even I got an A (82%) and I clearly didn't expect it at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending