Do you have flaky friends?

Watch
xoxox_helena
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Do people often bail on you? If so, what do you do when the cancel plans last minute??
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
no - I am the flaky friend.

(not something I am proud of - but its true.. I have a bad habit of making plans with people, then not wanting to stick to them as the date nears)
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes I used to have them in school, except they wouldn’t answer my messages LEL, the best thing you could do is to cut them out of your life when you have the chance, in my opinion you make real friends at Uni, not at school or college.
NotNotBatman
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Seems to be the norm, which is very annoying. If I don't actively remind someone about meeting up, it doesn't happen. Sometimes the invitation is just ignored completely; I invited a friend and he just ignored that part of the message instead of saying no, but what's socially acceptable is beyond me, as I'm not the best socially, but it seems weird.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can't have flaky friends, if you have no friends :smug:
username4262886
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 8472)
Can't have flaky friends, if you have no friends :smug:
https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/.../363/feels.jpg
xoxox_helena
Rep:
?
(Original post by NotNotBatman)
Seems to be the norm, which is very annoying. If I don't actively remind someone about meeting up, it doesn't happen. Sometimes the invitation is just ignored completely; I invited a friend and he just ignored that part of the message instead of saying no, but what's socially acceptable is beyond me, as I'm not the best socially, but it seems weird.
I agree, I have to remind people to actually turn up and sometimes they just don’t
xoxox_helena
Rep:
?
(Original post by NotNotBatman)
I agree, I have to remind people to actually turn up and sometimes they just don’t
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nope. I gave up being friends with someone for this reason.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I remember when I went all the way to London to meet up with someone for a night out, they was forever telling me to come down, and when I finally did he stops replying to my messages.

Luckily I had a backup plan, which worked out ...as I ended up going with someone else.

tbh I'm pleased he didn't come, because some hot girl approached me that night and we ended up making out ....and if he had come ..then it would have changed the timeline wouldn't it [think Sliding Doors..] and it probably wouldn't have happened.....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (112)
27.79%
England (140)
34.74%
Belgium (30)
7.44%
Germany (41)
10.17%
Spain (9)
2.23%