Need help with my personal statement for criminal psychology Watch

samiknight17
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have started but I don't know what else to write. It is due in this next week and so I need some urgent help. This is what I got so far:
From an early age I have been interested about the human mind and the way it works, why people have certain behaviours and what motivates them to behave in certain ways. This interest has then been enhanced through my recent studying of Psychology at A-Level.
I have also studied Sociology and Health and Social Care at A-Level. Studying Sociology has given me an insight into the understanding of the way our society functions and how it affects our human behaviour, such as committing crime and the societal reasons behind it. This has interested me further due to the study of Psychology, as I want to learn and understand the biological reasons behind these deviant acts rather than just take it at face value. Both of these subjects have demanded my commitment and helped me to improve my time management skills, due to the constant revision and organisation I had to do.

As I have got older, I have become more interested in the criminal side of psychology through news articles, documentaries and books about crime, which led to me wondering why people commit such crimes and if their brains are biologically different to other people. I find myself analysing people’s actions and behaviours daily through psychological theories I have learnt at A-Level to try and understand people.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by samiknight17)
I have started but I don't know what else to write. It is due in this next week and so I need some urgent help. This is what I got so far:
From an early age I have been interested about the human mind and the way it works, why people have certain behaviours and what motivates them to behave in certain ways. This interest has then been enhanced through my recent studying of Psychology at A-Level.
I have also studied Sociology and Health and Social Care at A-Level. Studying Sociology has given me an insight into the understanding of the way our society functions and how it affects our human behaviour, such as committing crime and the societal reasons behind it. This has interested me further due to the study of Psychology, as I want to learn and understand the biological reasons behind these deviant acts rather than just take it at face value. Both of these subjects have demanded my commitment and helped me to improve my time management skills, due to the constant revision and organisation I had to do.

As I have got older, I have become more interested in the criminal side of psychology through news articles, documentaries and books about crime, which led to me wondering why people commit such crimes and if their brains are biologically different to other people. I find myself analysing people’s actions and behaviours daily through psychological theories I have learnt at A-Level to try and understand people.
You' re going to have to restart this from scratch. It has been on a public website for over 3 hours and will have been cached by google.

The good news is that your second paragraph shouldn't be included anyway and your opening and 3rd paragraph are far too vague and would need rewriting too.

You need to give details - give examples of specific topics or case studies that you have found interesting. Talk about things you have found difficult and how you got past that. Talk about topics or things you've read about outside your school work that you have found interesting and things you're looking forward to studying in more depth in your degree.
Last edited by PQ; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (422)
67.41%
No (204)
32.59%

Watched Threads